Plat-A-tac Peacekeeper MkII Chest Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plat-A-tac Peacekeeper MkII Chest Rig

I've not come across any reviews so far for this rig, so i though i should put up a pre-skirmish mini-review.

Recently returning to airsoft after 3 years, i wanted a reasonably priced chest rig and after a bit of searching i managed to procure this from Ebay for £40 BNWT (RRP is just over £60):

First impressions:
    Well, i have to say i was mightly impressed when i first got it out of the packet, it was exactly what i was looking for as chest rigs go.

It has:
    3x Double (M4/M16 type) mag pouches
    2x large pouches
    1x small pouch
    Map/notepad storge pocket
    Magazine dump pouch

General comments:
    I find this rig very comfortable to wear, with plenty of scope for adjustment. Whether i can say it's comfortable after a full day of skirmishing, time will tell! But so far i have no issues with it's fit, even if it's a bit fiddly to adjust initially.

On closer inspection the quality of materials seems good, but the only concern is that it is not fully double stitched all round. I'm sure that the rig will be fine for general Skirmish use, but some will say it could be a problem if you are really rough with your kit.

There is a useful number of mag pouches for high-cap users, a handy small pocket for batteries etc, and the 2 large pouches on the sides are big enough for water bottles etc.

The mag dump pouch on the reverse is a nice idea and useful in a pinch, but i can't see it being the most comfortable way of carrying your empties as they will be pressing right into your chest as only meshing seperates you from the mags.

There are 2 lower back straps, which are a little thin width-wise, but seem to work fine. All the Mag pouches use buckles and velcro, which aren't the quietest or quickest in operation compared to the elastic retainers that you would find on Warrior PSD chest rigs or even Plat-a-tacs own SCAR rigs.

There is also only a limited amount of MOLLE attachment points, only on the large pouches and on the shoulder straps. Of course being a fixed rig you'll no scope to move any mag/large pouches about and that may turn-off some.

Most of the criticisms have been addessed on the MkIII Peacekeeper rig, but that's not to say that the MkII isn't up to the job, and i'm very much looking forward to using it in the field!

I will update in a few weeks once i've skirmished with it...

Re: Plat-A-tac Peacekeeper MkII Chest Rig

it look s nice and easy to acsess batts fit perfect in the bottom pouch

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

speedbird_666 Find out more about speedbird_666
    Working...
    X