UR Tactical: Ops Ultimate Direct Action Combat Trousers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UR Tactical: Ops Ultimate Direct Action Combat Trousers

A review of the 'Ops Ultimate Direct Action' combat trousers with integrated knee pads.

I'm reviewing the OD versions, that are $135 USD which works out as about £82 at time of writing. Cost wise this is comparable to Claw Gear Mk2s, and all told roughly half of Crye Precision Gen 2s.

Firstly, the story of how I came to order these. I decided a week ago that I would phone Level Peaks Associates, the only known UK stockist / importer of Crye Precision stuff - including "Gen 2" Combat Pants AC - to order a Ranger Green pair thereof. They said they'd check what was down in the warehouse and then call me back so I went about my business for the rest of the day - phone to hand - but no call was forthcoming.

The next day (last Tuesday) I started looking at the ur-tactical website, as a couple of the guys I play with have the UR-Tac trousers in Multicam and they seem chuffed to bits with them.

I looked for a little too long and ended up ordering a pair of trousers in OD, the decision maker being the knee pads being included - rather than £30 on top of the trousers as they are with Crye. I stuck express postage on the order as even with that the total bill was half of the cost of the equivilent Crye order.

Late into the evening on Tuesday I decided to email UR-Tac as being a twat I decided I wanted tan pads rather than the standard green ones for the trews. A few hours later in the evening - an email saying No problem - so far so good.

Wednesday brought a parcel tracking number by email, checked it Friday which showed the parcel was in the UK, awaiting delivery having failed to catch HMRC's attention (result!)

Later that afternoon, I get a call back from Level Peaks about my interest in trousers, by this point my answer was 'no, you're alright!'

So around comes Monday (a mere 6 days from ordering, from HK!) and to my joy a parcel!

Contents of parcel:

With the pads inserted:

The materials used are top notch and the stitching is fantastic. The pads are a bit of a struggle to get in (and I doubt they will come back out!) but they aren't going to wobble about once your out running about - and that can only be a good thing!

The lower leg front and back, the area surrounding the pad, the seat of the trousers and (for reasons I can't imagine) the beltloops are made from waterproof material, the rest from normal material. The good news is - they feel rock solid and they fit well.

These trousers are very similar to the Crye Gen 2's but what they do right is not to try and copy them directly - but to go with their own design. You have normal slash cut pockets on the front below the belt loops - and on the front of the trousers slightly further down you have openings that are perfect for STANAG magazines (Gen 2 trousers by comparison have slightly bigger and velcro closing pouches in the same place which aren't as useful)

Here is the pocket with a plastic AEG midcap magazine in it:

And with a metal Systema PTW magazine (with magpul fitted):

Round the back of the trousers, on the back of the thigh there is a normal "combat" style pocket that is slightly smaller than normal so it is actually usable - you can reach into it no problem - the Crye Gen 2's have a larger pocket in the same place but it tends to flop about to be honest so i'd say UR-Tac have the better idea.

Round the back of the knees there are velcro adjusters on the outside of the trews to allow you to pull the kneepad in for a closer fit, and at the base of the trousers there is a zip from the inside of each leg that lets you adjust how bootcut the trousers are.

Finally, if you make your way back up to the magazine pockets, there is a zip that draws all the way down to the outside of each leg allowing for quick access - presumedly this is designed for real-field use and ease of accessing a casualties wound.... in airsoft these are more likely going to be used against the player wearing the trousers - as soon as his/her mates figure out where they are - lol.

Back to photos....

Close up on the trousers for colour match - Soldier 95 DPM Shirt and Flyye Ranger Green MBSS Plate Carrier underneath:

Another close up, same Flyye Rig and a MTP UBACS so show against lighter colours:

So to summarise - Customer Service, Speed of Delivery, Quality of Comms - utterly fantastic - especially when you compare it to the service shown by a UK competitor!

Haven't worn them in anger yet, but from the quality of the item I have received, and from the feedback from people with the multicam versions - these are utterly spot on, if you are in the market for trousers with integrated knee pads.

For more information on UR-Tactical their website is: http://www.ur-tactical.com/index.php

Hope this review is useful, I'll add some further feedback after use!

Re: UR Tactical: Ops Ultimate Direct Action Combat Trousers

Thanks for the review.

I own three of the OPs trousers:

1) OPS ULTIMATE DIRECT ACTION PANTS W / PADS (RIP-STOP)
    2) OPS ULTIMATE DIRECT ACTION PANTS W / PADS (TAN)
    2) OPS INTEGRATED BATTLE PANTS W/PADS IN BLACK

I have to say they are absolutely brilliant and well worth the expense.

I have had the multi-cam set pair for a while and they've seen some good use. I've crawled through all manner of undergrowth and they've not had one stitch come undone.

I am 34-35 waist and 34 length

The Tans are Large in size and a little loose around the waist yet 1cm short for my liking.

The Multi-cam are M-L and find they a little snug around the waist, but perfect in length

The black are also M-L are are comfortable around the waist and good in length.

The difference in styles of pants are based on pocket configuration. My preference are the Ultimate Direct Action series.

Hope that helps.

J.
    Trader/Buyer Feedback score:

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=100014

Comment

Re: UR Tactical: Ops Ultimate Direct Action Combat Trousers

great review....as i own a pair of OPS multicam combats...i can easily visualise the parts you have mentioned...and they are definately worth the money
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sasquatch Find out more about sasquatch
      Working...
      X