Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Element" DD MK18 RIS II

DD MK18 RIS II made by Element

Hey guys, just a quick review for any who are looking for a clone DD MK18 RIS II for their armalite.

Upon opening the package and taking it out, i discovered that it weighed very nicely in my hands. It's made of a very nice, strong and durable metal, the markings on it are pretty nice aswell.

The screws are easily tightened and easily loosened.
    One thing about the DD MK18 RIS II, which i think i speak for everyone when i say this; It looks damn well bloody nice on an M4. It gives any M4 an almost unique, sheek look, with a lot of space for lasers, torches, foregrips, and pretty much anything else you could want on a RIS front end.

Technical / Fitting
    When fitting the free float RIS onto my G&P Receiver, one query i have with it is that it does not fit G&P upper receivers without filing. Doubtless they're the same with Classic Army upper receivers, not sure about KWA, VFC, KA, Hurricane, JG or TM.

I'm going to be taking a circular file to mine tomorrow when i get back from the DIY store, so i'll update the review then to comment on stability, security,overall aesthetics and the RIS itself being fitted onto my G&P M4.

Re: "Element" DD MK18 RIS II

i dont recomend filing the threads on your upper , I done this with the very first copys of the DDmk18 rail ( thinking this is the same ) pm skippy and ask how he did it. I cant be to sure now but i remember him cuting down a TM delta ring ( very old type) and it worked a treat
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Oh no it's not the threads that need filing, i forgot to mention, there is a circular shaped part on the RIS itself which secures onto the upper receiver, that needs filing down to allow the receiver through the hole. The hole is too narrow to fit the receiver through.

Comment

Any update to what you had to do, as shall be ahortly putting this on one of my rifles :-D
        FOR SALE
        7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
        , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jsmithy Find out more about Jsmithy
        Working...
        X