Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Blackhawk Xiphos light and light bearing holster (clones)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackhawk Xiphos light and light bearing holster (clones)

ill start off with the above light

this can be bought for $65 including postage to the UK from an american club website
    it is technically called "Action X-Firing NT CREE LED Pistol Weapon Flashlight" but it is basically a clone of the blackhawk xiphos which for those of whom who dont know is an esepcially design taclight to work with blackhawk holster technology as the videos say. This means it is mounted slightly away from the trigger guard and to the left of the weapon (for right handers) so that the retention system still works.

It came in a very good box which i did not expect for a clone

there is a battery hole in the foam but no battery included unfortunately, it runs on one CR123A.

once removed from the neat little box, you notice its weight. It is very light as it is made from a rather nice plastic.

It attaches by lifting the flap shall we call it on the side and pushing it down once on the rail

this flap unscrews to adjust to the width of the rail (yes it will fit any 20mm rail)

To turn on the light you press the hinge type button on the back, this turns it on constantly and you press it again to turn it off. You can also hold down the button for second or so and it will activate a strobe mode, you need to hold your finger on the button to maintain this. Its not a hugely bright light, but then the only other torch i have to compare to is a 500 lumen G&P scorpion torch. It does how ever hurt quite a bit to stare into and the strobe function makes me a bit nauseous.

overall id say this is a brilliant purchase for the money spent, i havent had chance to use it in a game yet but once i have done i will update. Just using it in the semi dark which it is at the moment, it illuminates a square area which must be the shape of the LED inside (bigger the further away it is) but it is quite clear at around 50m.

Now the holster.
    This is a clone of a blackhawk level 3 light bearing holster i believe.

This would set you back $35 including postage from the same website (or $95 for the pair)

It is rather plasticy but it is more like the real thing than any other clone ive used. You dont have to depress the button to put it in. At the moment it is a bit of a tight fit but over time i think this will loosen a bit.

Already however i have noticed the pin holding the retention button in is coming loose so i think a bit of superglue may have to go over the end of that. Im using a KSC glock 17 and the lock that fits of the top of the slide does not fit.

I have only found these for sale for righties, unless you want to buy the real thing

also got some CQC mag holster clones as well, not much to say about these but so far the seem pretty practical and better than a pouch with a lid as such.

Im sorry for any spelling and grammatical but i am useless and this is my first review so any advice would be nice, i might also make a video to go with this.

Re: Blackhawk Xiphos light and light bearing holster (clones)

Good review of them c: Maybe get a photo of the light on a wall in the dark? Just to show the intensity in the centre.

I have these both, and love them! The light is mega bright, just as good as my full size light; used it at the embassy with no hassle in the basement

The holster on the other hand HATES Marui pistols. My GBB barely fits, would be impossible to draw on the belt mount. AEPs do not fit at all, the slide gets jammed and comes off :3

But for the price, who's complaining? The light is worth every penny, I'd definately buy another.

Comment

If your running a TM you could always get the light and spend a bit more on a RS Backhawk Holster for a .45 Glock 21. they are wider than 9mm so wider airsoft Glocks fit em. That's assuming they do a Glock 21 version.
      The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

ill try doing a video over the weekend, if not ill get that pic up of the light in the dark

thanks for the comments

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
          If your running a TM you could always get the light and spend a bit more on a RS Backhawk Holster for a .45 Glock 21. they are wider than 9mm so wider airsoft Glocks fit em. That's assuming they do a Glock 21 version.
          Yeah, I've been looking into it; £60 odd from the states. I am so very tempted :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JapaneseWookie Find out more about JapaneseWookie
          Working...
          X