Pro arms muzzle reducer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro arms muzzle reducer

Hey my first review and im sorry it dosent have any pics so its all text sorry again.
    Ok my G&G M4 came and hey great first ever gun. Unfortunatley way to hot for my site. After seeing my mate have the same problem and him shelling out £35 pounds for a tech to downgrade it i figured i wasnt paying that and looked into clipping the spring. Then realising that i had no clue how to do it i tried fireing it into a sock. This creted a some what saint like sock and i run out of pellets. After a ouple more half baked ideas i was resigned to paying for a tech to do it. Fortunatley after poking around on Z1 i found a Pro rms velocity reducer. So i ordered it. When it arrived ( very good on time thank you Z1) It was in a sealed foil packet with the muzzle reducer which is a CNC machined piece of metal (i think aluminum but im not sure) and 4 coloured plastic rings of verying thickness. After playing around with it for a couple of mins i discovered that the top part unscrewed to screw a silencer onto. It also unscews further down to allow you to place one of the plastic washers on. The thicker the ring the greater the Fps drop so the thickest one drops it about 100fps and the the thinest about 5 fps. After youve picked the right ring and have screwed it back together he whole thing attachs to the end of your barrel via a 14mm ccw thread. Once again a great bit of kit thats saved me a few bob. Thanks and sorry for all the spelling mistakes. Ill get to test it at the FAO Embassy and hopefully see a few of you their. Look for the twins with the Black rampage masks and two tones.
    Talking to yourself is fine, its when you talk to yourself, argue with yourself and then refuse to talk to yourself that you need to worry.

Re: Pro arms muzzle reducer

Sorry im at the embassy on the 25th
    Talking to yourself is fine, its when you talk to yourself, argue with yourself and then refuse to talk to yourself that you need to worry.

Comment

So you finally got it did you will?
      Hopefully il be at the embassy to (considering im getting us there) look for the nutter with the russian millitary patches and a massive SRC AK
      The Normal Person takes the AEG
      The Nutter takes the Shotgun
      The Cowardly b*****d takes the sniper rifle

Comment

Doesn't a muzzle reducer ruin the spin created by the hop-unit unit?
        Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

Don't they also not work in fully auto? At least, that's what I heard of the old Marui one, which from the way you've described yours, works in exactly the same way.
          Don't be surprised if the marshalls make you take it off and not use it (also meaning you can't use your gun), I've heard of a large number of sites that don't allow these.
          However the majority of The Embassy is semi-auto only anyway, so you might get lucky.

In the long run though, you'd be far better off learning how to take a gearbox apart & replace the spring.

Comment

Well after sking the marshal about it, he asked me how hard it was to unscrew it nd change it, as its fairly tricky to unscrew he let me use it with no complaints whatsoever unfortunatley it does reduce the range slightly but no real change to accuracie. I would still definetly recommend it as with the blue ring in it my M4 was firing at about 300 fps which i would say was about perfect for CQB all though others may disagree

Comment

Why would marshals have a problem if its on but under the limit on .2's?

Comment

Originally posted by Cayuse View Post
                Why would marshals have a problem if its on but under the limit on .2's?
                Because of how they function, I don't know if its the same with this one but the old ones only reduced the first bb in a burst meaning they were very unsafe.

Comment

oops sorry forgot to say yes it does mean you can only use it on semi auto but i see this as no great loss as i play on CQB anyway, im not saying there the answer to all the problems and it definetly creates a few of its own however it is fine for cqb as the range isnt to extreme and its restricted to semi auto anyway.

Comment

Yep, they were definitely not allowed on our site as full auto is allowed and only the first one, maybe two BB's benefitted from the effect.

Comment

Cant say I rate these either. There is a wealth of info on how to strip down M4s on the internet, and thats free, then the cost of say a 90 spring or a 100 spring is a tenner plus a couple of quid postage. Could have saved money by doing it properly, or getting the shop to do it when the gun was bought, most will do it free of charge anyway (normally down to 328fps which is within nearly if not all site limits).
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I do agree with all of you they are now where near as good as geetting the srings clipped but i have no desire to risk breaking my gun as its the only one i have and i cant afford another as for having only the first couple of bbs benefitting from the effect it didnt show up on the chronograpgh but i will keep it in mind

Comment

Could you not have paid a tech to do the spring change for about the same price as the velocity reducer?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mavrik Find out more about Mavrik
                          Working...
                          X