AWS Airsoft - Raptor drop in FET for V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AWS Airsoft - Raptor drop in FET for V2

Be interested to know what that reason is Joe? (Not that I'm part of the AWS salesforce!)

@Midas, fine by me. My motor wires were fine on length. Maybe just an oddity?
    Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
    Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

The ASCU just makes everything sound and feel alot crisper Genista. I have a personal hate against the AR latch as i've had a few issues before with them. So the ASCU was a godsend for me. And it worked perfectly. Fitting wasn't the easiest of tasks i'll give you that. Luckily i had someone who knew what they were doing fit it for me.

The ASCU also shortens the trigger pull alot. Making it feel overall just more realistic.

The ASCU paired with a good high strength neo magnet motor is just lovely.

Comment

Not sure myself. like i said. prob where i had the v1 and got good results
        sigpic

Comment

My new gun is now pretty much finished...yipee....

Stealth wired and fitting nicely in the stock tube.

I'm not going to say which is better than the other. Only that my XM177e2 only has a stock tube. So the Stealth/ Raptor is much better suited for this application.

The single shot is zip zip zip zip fires as quick as you pull the trigger not half shots. I did however chop a little off the tail so that may have made it a lighter pull. But it is deffo smooth. They are great as far as I am concerned.

With the way I have my gun set up, the only benefit the Raptor would give if I had one is 3 round burst. I am beggining to wonder if that it really worth the extra £40.00. Probably not really.

Check out my motor....It is an Ultimate Ultra torque made by Teinly...You know you want one...lol.

You can see in the above photo that both wires are the same length, which means unless you extend one they have to run one each side of the motor. In a lot of M4's this will cause you problems trying to jam the motor in on top of the wire.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

ya the wirings anoying ... thats what happens when hs5 is your technical advisor for these things :P meowwwww

Comment

Meeeoww indeed!
              Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
              Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

I have a problem with mine, managed to get it all in, but the wires are so clumped up inside the bottom of the grip it's pushing the pinion to far into the gearbox and managed to screw the pinion gear up instantly, lock the gearbox and make a little bit of smoke , any fixes for this?
                sigpic
                View iTrader Rating Here
                Looking for Kjw KC-02 Parts(Ra-tech, Kjw, etc..) PM me!

Comment

If your wires are the same as in my photo above, with one wire each side of the motor that is what is causing your problems...As I have written twice in just a few posts above.... Sighs....

Right...Cut the Black (Neg-) one and add in 2 inches of 16awg. Then solder them together so the Black one is now 2 inches longer than the Red (Pos+) one. Now you can run both wires up the back of the motor just as they should be. So the motor sits against the front ot the grip.
                  Gun tech.

Comment

ok thanks
                    sigpic
                    View iTrader Rating Here

Comment

im lucky that i have a king arms m16 sniper grip on my m4 -
                      so much handier for connecting the motor back up!
                      Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

I have the normal Stealth V2 'fet in my G&P-bodied 9mm M4. At the moment I'm running a solid stock but want to return to a sliding stock.

Has anyone had any problems with the length of wire sticking out the back of the gun with the AWS fet? The stock mounting tube sticking out the back of my M4 lower has no cutouts to help wires pass by, and if I cut the tube down to the 14mm length required for a G&P lipo stock tube it'd look like the deans connector might be a bit too close to the tube and will get in the way. I don't really want to start modding things if I can help it :D

Comment

yes I have this problem, so I am currently just leaving the wires out of the back of the receiver and useing a battery sling..
                          sigpic
                          View iTrader Rating Here

Comment

It is really very simple to snip the deans off and lengthen the wires mate. Just make sure the trace wire goes to the same wire as befor and you are away.
                            Gun tech.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Genista Generally like the threechordwonder version of things, but I'm also a techy Find out more about Genista
                            Working...
                            X