Zero One QLED M3 Illuminator (Tan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero One QLED M3 Illuminator (Tan)

So, having looked for a weaponlight for my Glock for sometime, and read a few comments here about Zero One's QLED M3, I finally decided to take a chance and get one, as it doesnt break the bank and has received some favourable comments.

I ordered mine Sunday 10th and it arrived this morning.

Impressions so far:

Pros
    1) Easy install of batteries
    2) Very bright led, produces a sharp spot of bright white light. The output is listed by Zero One, as between 140-160 lumens and it is clearly around there, when compared to my Surefire Lx2, or my Nitecore EX11 :D
    3) Installs easily onto pistol rails
    4) Secure and holds fast once on the weapon :D
    5) Two on switches, down left side for momentary on, down on right for lock on
    6) Good spread of light aswell as the sharp focussed spot mentioned in point two.

Cons
    1) Variation in colour across the length of the lights frame. Listed as tan, but it fades to almost yellow in places
    2) Almost impossible to remove from the pistol rail once installed, as the retaining clips are very small and difficult to place pressure on (Although this does link to point 2 of the pros) so it works both ways
    3) Poor quality fit of the battery cover to the body of the light, which may cause problems in the future. 2mm gap between the cover and the lights body, even when installed (this may also allow moisture into the battery case if the light is used in poor weather)
    Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
    There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
    sigpic

Re: Zero One QLED M3 Illuminator (Tan)

Would you say the light was worth it overall?
    G&G all the way, no other say!

Comment

Flubber...honestly, I am not sure yet. I am pretty pleased with it so, far, despite the caveats. I havent had a chance to test it properly yet. Will update the review once I have used it at a game-day.

At the very least I'm not regretting buying it

nos periclitor proprius

sigpic

Comment

Update:

This light has now been on my Glock for months, it made a successful trip and got plenty of usage at The Chenarus Conflict: Part 3 at Sennybridge Fibua, the light continues to perform solidly. It has been used numerous times and has not yet caused any significant problems. First set of batteries just started to die and fortunately the drop in output was very noticeable so a clear indication of 'time to change batteries'

Occasionally the 'momentary on' switch fails to illuminate the light & I believe this is likely down to the poor marraige between the end-cap and the main body of the illuminator. It has, however only been occasional, and usually making sure the end-cap is secured solves this.

All in all, very pleased, I would have liked it closer in colour to CB than yellow, but spray paint can fix that. Zero One have also been superb in providing me a replacement lens when I managed to loose the original

nos periclitor proprius

sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Q Find out more about Q
        Working...
        X