Ultimate Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Upgrades

I have recently bought a few Ultimate upgrades for my AEG's so I thought I would share my findings as some of the parts are relativley new compared to other more etablished brands.

The Ultimate brand is distributed by ASG but from the looks of things some of the parts have been about for a while now. I recently got an ICS M16A3 and decided to add a new inner barrel, my choice got narrowed somewhat and I ended up getting the Ultimate 6.03mm x 509mm TBB. From what I can see its an exact match to the Madbull Python but with a small U logo printed on the side. Anyway it was a few pounds cheaper than the Madbull so I thought it was worth a try. I don't have any figures in terms of accuracy however the groupings are noticably better when fired in a small garden. At about 60 feet you are going to get 100% hits on a coke can size target, although this is not much to sing and dance about, the accuracy im sure is far better than the original barrel. As for FPS, there is a HUGE difference.....I have installed TBB's before and usually see a increase of around 15-20FPS, in this case my M16 went from 320 up to 390FPS! I now have an unusable skirmish gun, but oh well, a lower FPS spring will solve that and might even increase my ROF as well.

At the time of changing my barrel I also opted for the Ultimate 70degree Hop rubber which, well is a hop rubber. Not to much to say really, its very soft and Im sure will not last to long but its range is consitant and since I was upgrading a second hand gun I thought I might as well change it while I had it open.

While I had the top half of my gearbox open I chose to fit a metal bearing spring guide to replace the stock plastic one. This again was Ultimate and I havn't noticed any difference in proformance but I see it as more of a endurance upgrade anyway. The finish was a little rough around the edges but nothing that will cause any problems, and its shiney and metal so beats the boring black plastic guide that came as standard.

Finally I decided to change the switch assembly, again with an Ultimate part. I have already upgraded my ICS M4 with a front wired switch assembly as the contacts got a little fried when I changed to LiPo's so as a precaution I wanted to do the same on my ICS M16. The front wired switch fitted fairly easy however it was a little tight and I can see it breaking quite easily if fitted without a little more patience than usual. Fitting the rear wired switch assembly was not so straight forward, The length of cable going to the negative terminal on the motor was not quit long enough so I had to give it a bit of a pull here and there to make it fit. This change then meant the negative wire going to the battery was now to short, so short in fact that I had to remove the tamier connector and solder the wires to the rear battery wires to keep a lower profile, without doing so would mean the top receiver would not close. A better fix would mean rewiring the the switch with longer cables but since I didnt have any this was the only option at the time and I wanted to get it put together there and then. One strange observation I made of this switch assembly was the contacts themselvs. On one side they were copper and the other side they were plated in nickel, strange since the front wired kit was all copper, perhaps this is evidence again that a some of these parts are simply rebranded and sold as Ultimate parts.

Overall these parts have upgraded my gun, they were better than the stock parts they replaced so in those terms they were worth it. The inner barrel made the most difference to the gun and for those who are already close to their site limits then be prepared for a downgraded spring to keep it site legal. Infact anything near 300fps and your likly to tip the scale and end up with a hot gun. The switch assembly was a major paint in the bum but was solved in the end, just a shame that I opted for Ultimate again since the front wired switch assembly went together so easily. These are not the most expensive parts available nor are they the cheapest but they have made my M16 better, not the best but better. I will not exclusivly buy Ultimate parts in the future however if they are all thats avilable then they are not a bad choice at all.

Re: Ultimate Upgrades

why did you go for 70 degs? they are normally used in higher fps guns, snipers ect...

Comment

Agreed, that should read 50degs hop rubber :s

Comment

Ultimate are Lonex. They are fantastic.

Lonex gearboxes are basically the only fully built gearboxes I would trust without any part changes.

Comment

Gearboxs maybe and I thought barrels as well, but they are definitely madbull. I think they have taken a bit of everything and stamped their name on it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FlangTal1ty I like guns and enjoy shooting people, all you need to know :-) Find out more about FlangTal1ty
          Working...
          X