ohshiboom grenade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ohshiboom grenade?

Perhaps it is a manufacture floor, I originally tested one of mine it went bang but now tried the other and not a peep. I've put some coloured tape on the seemingly dodgy one now lol.
    sigpic" Only the living cry for war's end, the dead are quite relaxed about it "

Comment

Still trying it with the pin in , 25 hard throws at my concrete patio and not one detonation . I can't find a problem at all with mine ..did the vtg have problems a while back with casings warping and causing detonations or is that just an old wives tale that has been spread around..

Comment

Never heard that one but this oshiboom issue (possibly a limited run) can't be a wives tail as someone has suffered from it.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Could be a one off?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

The only way I can get it to go off with the pin still in, is dropping it so it falls nicely on the baseplate.

The guys from ohshiboom know about it, but if they'd fix it, it would be less sensitive in general.

But I can certainly recommend these!
            My entire team bought one and we were all pleasantly surprised.

Comment

After having spent an evening throwing , dropping and trying to detonate my two oshiboom grenades with the pins in I have discovered two things , 1 it would not detonate with the pin in no matter how hard I tried . 2 sitting in the garden with a beer and an oshiboom and throwing it dropping it, launching it with not unconsiderable force at various bits of concrete and patio is a sure fire way of peeing of the Missus .. !!

Comment

So basically there's a batch that does and a batch that doesn't, with the risk of having something that can go off even with the pin in, I'll avoid these I think.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

You shouldn't be worried
                  They can't go off in your hand or in your pouch, as they still need an impact to go off.
                  And with the pin in, they can only go off if they fall on their baseplate...

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                    So basically there's a batch that does and a batch that doesn't, with the risk of having something that can go off even with the pin in, I'll avoid these I think.
                    You will be missing out on a fantastic bit of kit then , I have both swat and oshiboom types , make me an offer and I may sell the swat one , as I don't use it a lot since I brought the oshiboom ones .

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthkiller View Post
                      You will be missing out on a fantastic bit of kit then , I have both swat and oshiboom types , make me an offer and I may sell the swat one , as I don't use it a lot since I brought the oshiboom ones .
                      £23?
                      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I'd agree that you're missing out on a top bit of kit - I've not had any premature detonations and I can't see a physical way of the blank being set off due to the design.

But... not denying it can apparently happen in highly specific high-impact circumstances, though the likelihood of this happening seems virtually impossible and if it did, it'd be in a pouch anyway?

Also, this video may interest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnm9SnrETNI - that's with the pin OUT, let alone in...

Edit: explanation

Comment

Love the look of fear on his face!

Have ordered one and its my first bfg. If its got a blank in, I'm treating it as live, pin or no pin.

Comment

I have an ohshiboom and it's awesome and very cost effective! Customer Service has been top notch when I bought the shotgun primer too.

As i am not an engineer, I don't know the ins and outs of it but as I understand it, you need it to be fairly sensitive to ensure it will go off every time. But it can't be too sensitive or it will go off all the time, so you will either have it so it occassionally doesn't go off when it should/you want it to or in rare circumstances it will go off when you don't want it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ive had a police impact go off with the pin in as well.....

Comment

The only lack of detonation I have had with mine was with a bad batch of blanks , as soon as I changed make it worked perfectly and continues to do so .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

suugyroo Find out more about suugyroo
                                Working...
                                X