Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USA M18A1 BB Claymore

Originally posted by LeoDanger View Post
    Works even better if you remember to take the safety out, eh B.E.N.?
    LOL... It does tend to enhance the firing capabilities... Yeah... I got all excited, ran into position, set the claymore up, retreated under covering fire, pulled the remote out only to sit there for a couple of minutes before Mr LeoDanger kindly pointed out that I'd left the old safety catch in place...

Comment

lol, unlucky:p

Comment

I have one of these, they are really good once you make a few mods to them.
        I use duracell rechargables in mine which power it really well.
        Mine also arrived in a poorly spot welded condition and lasted 2 fires, so I complained to the seller who refunded me for it and told me to dispose of it, so instead I stripped it down and re welded all the arms and put it all back together with new circlips, the real deal circlips and not the crappy bits of tin you push onto the arms because these fall off after a few fires.
        I also drilled holes in mine and threaded some thin velcro through the back so that I can now attach it to trees or drainpipes.
        I sewed a new olive drab blanket into it so the enemy cant spot it once fired as the one that comes with it is bright orange.
        I also bought some camo cloth and ran up a clamore bag on the machine which fits it perfectly.
        I say get one asap, once you get one buy some fishing line and attach two paper clips to each end to make trip wires, the paper clips will bend once its tripped and you wont have to keep making loads of trip wires, just bend the paper clips back into shape and off you go for another sneaky claymore trip.

Comment

The blanket is a bright colour so once it has fired, you can find it

Comment

Looking at getting one of these as i play at an Urban site where there a lot of attack and defend scenarios.
            Question - if several people are using these, will the remote detonate other peoples Claymores? I.e. are the remotes all the same?
            Armoury: G&P Sentry l CA M15 CQB l CA M15 SOCOM l G&G Combat Machine l Dboy KAC PDW l A&K ACR (Masada) l TM 1911 MEU l TM USP AEP l Cyma Glock 18C AEP

Comment

Up to 4 channels, but then the different makes seem to operate on different frequencies.

I had 2, both ACM. One controller would not detonate the other even on the same letter code.

So unless 5 separate people are using a claymore, which is the exact same one, you'll have a code each.

Comment

Looking for some intel on these and wondering if someone can help me and my team were considering a bunch of these for the recon section all in we were hoping to have sixteen (four on each button signal). Does anyone know if this is possible or if they can be reprogrammed to work in this manner?

If any one knows please let me know before we spend £600 and £200in postage for an idea that wont work.

Cheers, Bulb
                theres nothing better than when your friends show up with a whole lotta guns!

Comment

Each remote has 4 different detonations, each claymore may or may not share these codes. Would be a big risk, and highly unlikely to catch 4-5 different claymore frequencies.

Try one before you buy loads. They area great idea in theory, but you'll find everybody sells theirs in the end due to lack of use to some other sucker! Too much time to set up, and lack of range means you have to hang around to see what is happening. Finally you have to go and collect the bugger somehow!

Comment

we play alot of milsim and one of the buildings we will have to take is four stories our plan was to be on the roof and cover the other floors with four claymores each monitoring each level with camera. so we can focus on providing intel to other players on the field as well as sniper cover instead of folk constantly having to hold floors of the building.
                    theres nothing better than when your friends show up with a whole lotta guns!

Comment

Might have remote issues too, the range on the remote is not the greatest at best of times.

You can rig them with a trip wire though, so maybe an option!

Comment

Originally posted by proffesor snippy View Post
                        like on i am legend when he blows up the cars,boom!!
                        Just not as impressive Lol
                        "Hey Ho, Its easy Let It Go, Nothing Before Was Real"

"Eels up inside ya', Findin' an entrance where they can"

"Stay Back, I Know WING CHUN"

Comment

so.. i've never fully understood how these work.

do they need to be detonated, or can they be tripped? and how are they tripped?

and to hide it, wouldn't you have to put foleage around it, and wouldn't that block the spread of bbs?

and isn't it dangerous to mount it on a tree?

and tell me, how you would tactically place one of these? on a path, in a hut, in a doorway?

excuse my ignorance of the subject..

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

so.. i've never fully understood how these work.
                            do they need to be detonated, or can they be tripped? and how are they tripped?

Either remote detonation with the controller, or a trip wire which pulls the little fire leaver forward.

and to hide it, wouldn't you have to put foleage around it, and wouldn't that block the spread of bbs?

Just dunk some leaves infront, which will be pushed out the way then the flap springs down. Alternativly.... camo it up :D

and isn't it dangerous to mount it on a tree?

Probably, but not only why would you do that, but how! On second thoughts, even then it's as dangerous as being shot.

and tell me, how you would tactically place one of these? on a path, in a hut, in a doorway?

Anywhere really, although being single detination they only work once before needing to be reset. Along a path, or an entrance to a base is best. In Urban one sitting in plain veiw in a doorway is often enough to deny use of that entry, or atleast hold it up while they try to shoot the thing over!

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                              Get one.... and camo it! Will change your life! :D

Wow thats really nice i bet you get allot of kills with that :D

Comment

I modded mine so it can be attached to trees, posts etc as most of the people in my club were eventually aware of it being left on the ground and hidden, so I drilled 4 holes in the back and attached 2 long lenghts of velcro strip through them, which then wrap around an object off the ground.
                                Its great to see the guys looking along the ground only to get a waist high trip wire catch them out and a gut full of bb's and talc.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SGT Blockage Find out more about SGT Blockage
                                Working...
                                X