We p226r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We p226r

Anyone got one yet, I was planning on going for a TM, as i've owned a KWA, KJW and TM before and the TM out performed both of the others.

I'm guessing the TM will still win, but if anyone has a review of the WE i'd love to hear it

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Re: We p226r

Hush hush - http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=7oslVY9ND0c

Comment

Mags are shite! But WE have released a more realistic complete mag that is available now.

Comment

i picked one up at the weekender best pistol ive ever owned without a dount feels solid lovely hard crisp trigger pull nice hard kick and very efficiant on gas picked up 2 extra mags that hold 25 each i think bought a blackhawk sepra didnt fit so had to do some fileing then put it in boiling water ext fits fine now although they promised me it would fit molle...IT DIDNT....anyway back to the sig BRILLIANT GUN better than the tm by far!

Comment

Originally posted by Sig View Post
          Mags are shite! But WE have released a more realistic complete mag that is available now.
          Any links for these mags?
          Just had my pistol delivered, looks loads better than my buddys basic we p226. Hop doesn't seem to have too much adjustment, but I'm firing on .25s, and on my back garden ( 20mtr range ). Still need to have a good tinker with it before I give an honest opinion, but first impressions are awesome!
          " Brother Maynard!, bring up the Holy Hand Grenade! "

Comment

I Dont know if you can get the new mags in the UK, they are available here in Taiwan. The O ring goes on the earlier ones.
            http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21207116683489
            http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21209044889377

Comment

Are these new mags going to be TM compatible then? Seems a bit weird that WE chose to design their own proprietary and arguably inferior magazine for the Sig when they outright cloned the rest of their pistol range from TM...
              - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

The mags on my P228 are TM compatible which is good as they don't do spare P228 mags yet and I have a few TM ones.

Curlyboy
                'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

Curly, you should find KJW P229 mags work fine too but not been able to test yet myself.

Olphy, the WE P226 does take TM mags but some TM mags are very thickly coated so might need some of the finish taking off due to inconsistancy in the mags .
                  Of the 8 I have ,5 fit fine and 3 needed the finish sanding down .

I questioned Arclight (RWTV) about his statement in the review about him saying they did not fit and his reply was "I didn't try them ,I was just told to say they didn't fit" !
                  Great reviewing skills Arclight !

Comment

I dd put my WE 226 mag in a Guarder 226 and it fitted. But as the O ring was split I couldnt gas it up to see if it works. The new mags are far better, but havent tried them on the Guarder 226.

Comment

Originally posted by 1st commando View Post
                      I questioned Arclight (RWTV) about his statement in the review about him saying they did not fit and his reply was "I didn't try them ,I was just told to say they didn't fit" !
                      Great reviewing skills Arclight !
                      Their web description of the 228 all but says that it's totally plastic....lol

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                        Their web description of the 228 all but says that it's totally plastic....lol
                        Plastic??? that ******* crap?

Comment

You would think so wouldn't you?

But look at other Asian retailers descriptions or construction details, according to Asian retailers it's everything from full plastic to full metal and everything in between...lol

I ordered mine from RW, even with their description, as I somehow got a $17 discount on it, so even with postage it blew all of its Asian competitors out of the water.

If it comes PLASTIC i think I'm gonna blow a gasket....lol

Comment

The WE P228 is full metal not plastic. The only plastic on it are the grips. Here is Taiwan its metal.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                              You would think so wouldn't you?

But look at other Asian retailers descriptions or construction details, according to Asian retailers it's everything from full plastic to full metal and everything in between...lol

I ordered mine from RW, even with their description, as I somehow got a $17 discount on it, so even with postage it blew all of its Asian competitors out of the water.

If it comes PLASTIC i think I'm gonna blow a gasket....lol

No, full metal mate, apart from the grip. Mines the "hush-hush" version, but apart from the trades they're the same gun.
                              Hoping the tm mags do fit, cos the we ones are like rocking horse s**t!
                              " Brother Maynard!, bring up the Holy Hand Grenade! "

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CK Find out more about CK
                              Working...
                              X