KJW Co2 blow back pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJW Co2 blow back pistol

had this baby for some time now...think its time i gave it some good press thisis my review on the full metal colt.45 m1911 A1 kjworks co2 pistol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    ok so first things first you'll notice as soon as you get this gun out of the box is how stunningly well made highly detailed and sturdily built the gun is with (made in Taiwan kjworks) stamped on the right hand side and .45 ACP stamped on the ejection port.this is a full metal GBB with the only plastic parts are the grips (which are hard to distinguish due to its high quality and detail) and the gas valve inside the receiver its a nice wight at about 2.5kg (5.5lbs for the yanks :D ) and feels vary much like the real m1911 and when fires feels like a munitions factory going off in your hand.this hefty full metal GBB pistol is certainly one of the best bits of kit iv come across in a while firing at a perfect 310fps with .22 on co2 brings a sword to a knife fight.

now although this is built to house the metal KJW co2 mags it also fits most T.M 1911 gas mags and parts i.e. tight bore barrel ect.now the CO2 mags hold a nice 26 BBS in the standard D.S fashion and using 12g CO2 bulb you will get about 1 to 1-1/2 mags per bulb at a temperature at 4 degrees (i put one in the fridge) and what impressed me the most on a day that was about 16 degrees outside i actually managed 2 mags out of the one bulb with a consistent cycle rate and no slowing or freezing of the pistol and still getting that brutal kick back from the blow back however the CO2 mags can be expensive to buy the cheapest iv found is *** **** airsoft coming in at £31-$52 including postage (if anyone has found better pleas let me know)

so upon testing out its range and accuracy the 1911 blew me away at what its capable of hitting a target the size of a upper torso from about 55-60 yards away with increasable results due to its integrated adjustable hop-up this thing can be tailored for using anything in and between .2 all the way up to .3 BBS.

the pistol has the ability for a easy and fast strip down giving you that edge in the field if something goes wrong.it also has 2 typical 1911 safety features.....one is the strait forward locking mechanism you see on the pic below second is the half cock hammer mechanism allowing the locking safety to be engaged also thirdly is the unique 1911 presser safety located on the rear of the hand grip which deactivates when the pistol is gripped and pressure from pulling the trigure is omitted

now for the short listing of pros and cons

PROS
    the price is vary wallet friendly at only $90-110
    full metal heavy wight sturdy not going to brake easy
    high grade polymer grips
    uses CO2 bulbs which are a 10th of the cost of gas at about £20 for 40 bulbs
    you get about 1-2 mags per bulb
    can use Tokyo mauri green gas mags
    can use Tokyo mauri internals
    easy strip down for service and upgrades
    has a good bb cap
    vary powerful blow back
    can use in all seasons
    has 3 safety features one lock safety one pressure safety on the grip and a semi cock function via the pin hammer
    quick and easy mag changes for high speed engagements

CONS
    this gun is heavy and i quite like that however some people may find that a hindrance
    the slide lock on this is far back enough as to cause a problem with having to stretch your thumb to disengage during reloads
    CO2 mags are pricey and not vary easy to come by
    fires higher than the average CQB allowance on CO2 may cause an issue with marshals and site owners
    heavy kick back results in a loud crack that can be herd some distance away giving away your position
    getting rid of all your CO2 bulbs can be a pain if your local council or garbage disposal unit are picky about what they take in

well thats that i hope you enjoyed my review and make the right choice in making your mind up about buying one of these beasts thanks for reading
    Made a note in my diary on the way here. Simply reads..."Bugger"

Re: KJW Co2 blow back pistol

Good review---I have one of these and without a doubt its the best GBB pistol I have ever owned. I get my mags from a certain hobby shop in asia, so worth a look there. One thing I will say, you need to fairly drench the rubber parts of the mags with silicon between shoots as the c02 dries them out and then they leak.
    (btw id say it weighs in at 2.5 lbs,) ;-)

Comment

Re: KJW Co2 blow back pistol

yeah i noticed that yesterdays game it was hot as hell an vary humid however they worked vary well as i got about 3 uses out of 1 mag at one point lol
      Made a note in my diary on the way here. Simply reads..."Bugger"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

barson66 well just ask and id be happy to answer Find out more about barson66
      Working...
      X