WE luger review request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE luger review request

Hi, has anyone ever owned one of these and have an opinion on them. Just want one to go with my german ww2 loadout and the Tanaka version is a bit out of my price range.
    Cheers in advance

Re: WE luger review request

They are terrible, horrible & nasty - seriously, they really are shite so for the good of your pocket don't get one.
    AP.

Comment

You are better off with a Maruzen P38 (which are awesome) or a Maruzen PPK (which are a LOT of fun.. but don't have the performance), the WE Luger look the biz..l but you will only get a couple of shots out of them, and the hop is iffy...

Don't forget that the Germans also made limited runs of the FN Browning HP and you could always use a Colt 1911 and claim it was one of the ones the Germans made from the captured Norwegian factory (Kongsberg Colt .45's with Reich markings are the most expensive 1911's in the world so I hear..)

Comment

Thanks guys. You stopped me from wasting my monry. Would a walther p38 for £140 brand new be a maruzen one??

Comment

They go for about $180 US Dollars... so about £140 sounds about right.... but don't get one, as I would be jealous...

Comment

A friend of mine bought a WE Luger (4inch version) and the gas blowback works well, they look the part. He only uses it as a wall hanger / plinker so i wouldnt say they are rubbish full stop. They might well be useless as a skirmish pistol but if you want something that looks the part then they are good.

Comment

There is nothing WRONG with a WE Luger.. you get what you pay for, but they are unsuitable as skirmish pistols in the UK.. in 30 Degrees celcius Taiwan they probably work ok, but in 18 Degrees UK summer you will get only a few shots before the pistol becomes too sluggish to use..

Comment

No, i'm sorry but your wrong.
                Yes, in Taiwan with WE's normal green gas (secret red gas tests that are doctored for youtube) they will work - for a while.
                I repair so many of these every month it's unreal.
                The springs are too powerful, the sears are made of the softest metal imaginable, the mag releases too much gas & they all end up with total, uncontrolable full auto.
                I've got two more in front of me waiting to be done.
                If they fail like this on a normal day in the UK i'm sure they self destruct in the humidity of Taiwan.
                Really really bad.

Comment

Damn, that's actually really unfortunate. I was thinking of picking one of these up as I absolutely adore Lugers, but now that you've said that, I'm glad I didn't! I've heard a lot about the magazines having a habit of leaking, but never about shoddy build quality.

Comment

best solution - sit on the sales threads and wait for a tanaka to come up at a reasonable price *plays with dual lugers*

Comment

btw, in case you heard otherwise - Tanaka lugers got a bit of a reboot and the WE is a direct copy of that almost & yes the WE mags fit the newer Tanaka...
                      AP.

Comment

btw, in case you heard otherwise - Tanaka lugers got a bit of a reboot and the WE is a direct copy of that almost & yes the WE mags fit the newer Tanaka...
                        AP.

Comment

I thought something like that might be the case as the newer of my pair takes WE magazines and works pretty well with them (b*tch to remove though as they are tight in the mag well)

Comment

In my P06 it just slips in lovely.
                            I may even have a picture of them with parts swapped over.

The Problems all lay in the lower of the WE, the top works fine on a Tanaka.

The Tanaka can be obtained for the same price as a UK priced WE if you get the standard model & the Tanaka is a dream to shoot - I challenged the nay-sayer regulars at the mall to try it on our range & they were all very surprised...
                            AP.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TastySniper Just another easy going airsofter Find out more about TastySniper
                            Working...
                            X