Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Could someone do a review on the KJ p226?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could someone do a review on the KJ p226?

Looking into getting one of these, as they are reasonably affordable compared to the TM alternative.....anyway...

If youve got one of these or have used one could you write a short review on it please?

thanks

Re: Could someone do a review on the KJ p226?

my m8 has one of these. ill tell him 2 do a review 4 u m8.

Comment

hi m8

i have one. thought i told you on msn?
      anywho mine KJworks full metal. it is very heavy and very nice. it has a nice strong slide and recoild but accuracy could have been better. i want to get rid of mine but im in no hurry

Comment

No sorry wasnt me on msn.

Anyway thanks for telling a little about it :D

Comment

sorry m8 i just remembered and his name is "ownage" so it looks similar. sorry. anyway its a nice pistol but i would reli only reckomend for i dunno........... looks and feel. i would go for TM if your going to use it a lot but still ive used it and infact i dropped my CA to chase strettman through the bush with it because my m4 would catch on trees:D but it is still skirmishable!

Comment

I've got the SigArms licenced 229, which is basically a KJW with a few extras such as licenced trades, factory case and fancy Sig manual. I went for this one as I've used the RS and the SigArms training school use these as they're so close to the real thing. The 229 uses the same internals as the 226 (so I've been told), so this should apply to the 226 you're interested in.

It's a cracking piece of kit, the weight is almost perfect and the size is so good it can take RS accessories.

Really good recoil and if you want better still, there are loads of after market tune up bits for it. OK, not as many as for the TM, but then again, a lot of the TM ones are aimed at getting a metal frame and slide on to them and having it work effectively with the extra weight.

I've found it really accurate for a pistol and the power isn't too badly effected by cool down. Being full metal, if you wanted to you could use stronger gasses which would just rip the TM to pieces. I regularly use green in mine and if I could find red, I'd love to see what it chronos at!

My only question is this, why the 226? A lot of special forces, police and customs units are going over to 228/229s now, as they're just as accurate as the 226 but with a slightly smaller size. I'm trying to get hold of someone at the moment to see if the aftermarket 226 threaded barrel will fit my 229 and if it does, that seems like a perfect weapon to me.
            sigpic

Comment

I had a ACM 226, liked it, wasnt to great as it was plastic and a crappy make so i sold it and got a KJW P229. The 229 is AMAZING. I find it way better looking than the 226, and its weighty. Its almost the same as the 226 apart from a slightly shorter handle and slide, infact the slide are interchangable both ways, and 226 mag will fit the 229 but theyl be slightly longer.

If your going for a specific load out then, as rokinrobin said, most are using the 228/9.
              Armoury:
              JG MP5 SD6, TM G36C.

Sandhurst in May .

Comment

i have to say though that it is a nice pistol!

Comment

I have the kj 229, but two mates have the 226. They felt the 226 lacked the punch of the 229. We have both had issues with leaky mags, but this has been easily fixed. I would have gone for the 226 but felt the 229 looked better in my hand.

Gas consumption quite high on the 226 compared to the 229. I know this is supposed to be about the 226 but for a similar pistol from the same company the 229 outperforms the 226 in my opinion.

I've not tried the tm 226 but heard some scare stories about leaky mags and poor internals which is a surprise considering it's tm.

I would get a 226 but would try before I bought one.

Hope this helps.

Comment

i have had the kjw, tm and kwa ptp versions of the 226, the kjw want very gas efficient, and the frame had a lot of burrs on, the tm is just great, works all year round on abbey, but the kwa m226 ptp is the best of the lot, but it was a limited edition so is a bugger to get mags for so i dont use it much it fires at a decent 330 ish fps on propane!
                    WANTED
                    Mid cap mp5 mags
                    s-arms m4 mags
                    motorola & kenwood commercial radios

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                    Working...
                    X