KSC Glock 23F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSC Glock 23F

This is my first review so don't expect a masterpiece. I will be doing a review of my new KSC glock 23f. My first gas pistol.

I got this in October '09 but have been unable to go to any games, and did not have any gas so was unable to do any tests. However now I have gas, I can do a review of this great little gun.

The 23F is the full auto version of the glock 19. As you will see on the box there is only a small sticker suggesting that the contents are other than a glock 19. However upon opening the box and seeing to full auto mark on the selector switch I was reassured that I had not just waited a week for this to wing its way to me for nothing.

With the gun came a small tester pack of bbs, a loading tool (interesting design and useful but i still think i could load faster without it) and the instruction manual, consisting of the typical "do not shoot at animals, people, or martians".

Picking the gun up and weighing it in my hands it is a very balanced pistol, and although it is the abs slide version, has plenty of heft to it. good news if you enjoy pistol whipping people *cough cough*. The magazine that came with the gun is not the same as on the box but in fact a Glock 17/18c magazine. Which means all of two/three extra rounds, but it does mean you get the nice plastic magazine grip attachment to lengthen the grip by about an inch. Without the addition inch provided by the magazine with its attachment my pinky was just below the grip, however with it on it gives just the right length for me. As a result I have taped the attachment to the gun, so it is permanently the correct size for me.

The added bonus in my opinion of having this attachment is that it gives some additional friction to the magazine, and after many attempts of having it holstered and pressing the mag release, it did not fall out. Reassuring as I am sure we have all been in the situation where a pistol mag has become detached from your gun and you then have to spend the rest of the day looking for it.

Being KSC the glock will take any KSC glock mags, though you may have to remove the base plates of the 26 series mags foe them to fit. Whilst on the subject of mags. The KSC have baseplates covering the fill valves and also feature a locking feed spring means you do not have to hold the spring down whilst you load.

Size wise, the rest of the gun is very comfortable and well balanced as already mentioned. The 23F falls between the larger glock 17/18c and the smaller 26/26c. And i find that it is not too long/short and fits well into my plce pouch that i substitute for a holster. Having previously had a 18c in aep form I found that it was a bit on the big side, so was after a smaller pistol and after handling my mates 26c which is tiny, was confident that the 23F was the right glock for me.

There is a ris rail on the underside of the frame, though its only an inch long so do not expect to be able to fit a 203 on it. There are also some nice clear trades on both sides of the frame and slide, If you like that sort of thing, personally I am not too fussed, but i will be painting in the selector positions as they are currently black and I would like to be able to see them a bit more clearly.

The only annoying thing about the 23F is that, unlike the other guns in the KSC glock series, is that the iron sights on the 23f are the three dot system as opposed to the U rear and dot front sight on the others. But here again this can be easily remedied as similar to the mags the sights are interchangeable.

The hop unit was of special interest to me as when testing i found that unless properly engaged with the hop tool you could scratch the feed tray on the slide. But the hop seems to be very solid in its design so I doubt that I will have to adjust it anytime soon.

Currently my glock is stock, however I did at the time of purchase, also buy the recommended rocket valve and metal magazine catch, as research and other reviews had suggested that these two parts were the most likely to wear or break.

Overall I am very impressed with the glock so far. But once I have played a few games with it, If the weather ever decides to stop thinking that the UK is located in the bloody arctic, I will add a further review of how it performed. Widely available from shops in the far east. I have only seen it on one site in the UK, I paid just over £100 shipped, which I thought very reasonable.

Pictures to follow when I can find my cameras usb cable.

Re: KSC Glock 23F

Found my cameras cable so pictures:

The box showing G19, its a 23f really.

The inside of the box, with target, sample bbs, loading tool, hop tool, and the extra rocket valve, the extra mag catch is in my bits box somewhere.

Magazine showing the fill valve covered by the base plate.

The three dot sights.

The top of the gun. I really love the look of the slide.

And with the slide locked back. also you can see the selector in the safe position, and the extra magazine grip taped on.

And a short video of semi and full auto. Taken using 134a.

Comment

nice review there mate.

i also bought this gun here in hong kong, and i'm really pleased with it.

at first i was a little upset to find that noone stocked the mags, but after a few weeks, suddenly all the shops had them again. this is worth considering when buying a ksc. any parts or magazines do sometimes need to come from taiwan, and it can be hit or miss when they decide to send their next shipment over.

i left the grip extension attached to the magazine, as the only other magazines i have are one short 26 mag, and an extended magazine. vlad is right in saying that this extension adds extra friction, and it does leave your pinky somewhere nice to sit. i however leave it on that mag, and often change to the small or the extended quite comfortably.

the extended magazine sometimes doesn't want to take gas, and therefore sometimes accidently isn't filled completely. but just remain persistant. the extended mag is terrific, as you basically never need to reload.

the metal design and general weight of the gun is one of the best i've ever felt. it also feels solid and nice to hold. the blowback of the slide is particularly pleasing, and at the risk of upsetting people who don't recommend this, i have been using it with top gas for months, and it's been perfectly fine.

i have a blackhawk cqc holster for it, which it sits in nicely, although of course with an extended magazine, it's not always very practical holstering it and having what is essentially a large metal rod sticking from your side.

i first used this indoors, dual weilded with my m9, and had fun. i'd say it's not as accurate as my m9, but it does the job.
      i then used it outdoor as a sidearm, which came in handy when my rifle ran out of juice after 10 minutes. this of course gave me the opportunity to use the full auto, which didn't disappoint. it has a nice rate of fire, and a steady accuracy to a degree. i won't lie. it can spray all over the place sometimes. this came in handy when three newbies tried rushing me, bunched somewhat closely together. a quick two second burst and they were all dead.

great gun. great fun. recommended to all. just a nice change from the 19 i think.

here's a pic with the m6 taclight. not bad.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

good review, heres my tuppence....i wouldnt recommend dry firing your pistol too much,coz it doesnt do it a lot of good, also instead of taping the mag extension you can get some rubber grips sleeve, hogue make them and i think kings arms,they're about £10 and look n feel much better
        casshern,i know what your saying about the extended mag sticking out of your pistol holster and restricting your movement,my solution was to fix my serpa holster just left of my upper chest/sternum,(or left tit to put it simpler) its also makes for a good quick drawing action
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

nice review, I was keen on the G19 but Im more inclined to get the 23f now. poo

Comment

nice little gun, get the metal slide version if you wanna use full auto & green gas as this killed the slide on mine. no more full auto but semi still works.

another tip, when changing the fire mode you should have the slide pulled back to avoid excess wear

Comment

I used the KWA version a few weeks ago and it was brilliant for cqb, highly recommended

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Vladraken Find out more about Vladraken
              Working...
              X