marushin .44 magnum automag "clint" maxi special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marushin .44 magnum automag "clint" maxi special

Welcome to my review on what for me was undoubtably my favourite airsoft pistol.

The ,44 Magnum Automag................

Being a huge Clint Eastwood fan I found myself drawn to this gun. it is the same weapon he used in the Dirty Harry film "Sudden Impact" as clint remarks in the film,, "This is a .44 magnun automag, a pistol so powerful, if used correctly it will remove the fingerprints!" Using the services of my teams armourer I managed to obtain this beast in 2006 for £120 and it saw heavy use with me right up till november 2008 when i part exed it for an 8mm shotgun...

Ok,, overal description..

This is a very big gun being nearly a foot long. its hefty, but not heavy, and beautifully balanced, sitting perfectly in the hand. the gun is made from a mix of abs and metal parts all finished off with a shiny stainless steel finish. its very very hard to spot the pastic on this gun and i rate its finish second only to my tanaka magnum. the grips are plastic and are possibly the weakest part of the whole gun, being a trifle flimsy, though to be fair they held up admirably in use. the sights are excellent and are fully adjustable, and in this pistol allow for very very good long range performance. the oddest feature of this gun is its action.. it uses an internal bolt that you cock in much the same way you would an M16, though you can also thumb the hammer back as well. the action is extremely crisp and the recoil springs are very strong giving the gun a major kick on firiing. the magazine is a single stacker and holds only ten rounds but these are nasty 8mms so you dont need to double tap!. construction wise the mag was fantastic and never gave me a moments trouble inspite of serious abuse. Hop is fully adjustable and worked by an allen key, its fiddly to set u just right, but it never wanders and the rubber is of very high quality. one of the best adjustable hops i have ever found in a pistol.

Stripping and cleaning..
    remarkably similar to the luger in the stripping in that you turn down a small locking lug at the front near the trigger guard and then slide off the whole upper receiver . this exposes the working parts for cleaning and basice maintenance,,, though this is not a gun you shold dismantel further,, i counted nearly 70 components in the upper receiver alone..

Shooting....... ooh baby! this gun is the nuts. on green gas it shot at about 300 fps using 8mm ammo, (i thnk .36 wieght) on propane it shot at a scary 400+ fps and that was on a cold day. hi power is one thing but accuracy,, without it, whats the point? well this gun is accurate. on our range I consistantly hit a man sized target at 150 feet, (9/10 shots hitting) this is on a par and even better than most aegs manage. the BB are easy to follow and the fly on a remarkably flat trajectory. this pistol is really more a target pistol than a combat weapon though so accuracy is to be expected.

As a combat pistol it has a few flaws..
    1, size,, its massive and i had to alter a holster radically to take it, and even then its muzzle poked out about 4 inches and often got debris in it.
    2, small mag capacity, 10 shots (even if they are massive 8mm) are not enough for a sidearm. I lacked spare mags too so it was 10 shots then your out.
    3. its a massive hunk of shiny metal,, so its hard to hide it, and it reflects like mad.

it also has a few strengths..
    1. people were terrified of it and i took a lot of prisoners with it.
    2. on a windy day it still shot straight.
    3. it was utterly reliable and worked very well in the cold.

overall i give this pistol a huge thumbs up.. it may not be the most practical pistol around, and being a different calibre to my other guns made it a pain in the arse sometimes.. but its pimp factor is undeniable, and its performance,, well.. im getting another one soon... so draw your own conclusions.

9.5 / 10

Re: marushin .44 magnum automag "clint" maxi special

Few notes for you.

Green gas IS propane.

300fps with .36g is over any UK site limit for .2g bb's
    Dboys KAC PDW - PEQ - Lipo - 2x midcaps - £150ono
    Classic Army B&T MP5A5 - Battery - 2x midcaps - £200ono
    2x Clone M9 GBB - 1 Mag Each - £50ea ono

Comment

hi stealth,, ok to answer your point,, im aware of the propane thing, generally i used using abbey ultra in this and it ran about 300 fps if run on hfc134 it did about 240 fps. ,, using a can of propane--the actual stuff you but in homebase it ran 400,, i know because we chronoed it at the time. (we are all suprised too) and yes i am aware of site limits, (been softing since 02) and was allowed to use this gun provided i used common sense and adhered to a minimum range limit---such as you get when using a 500 fps sniper rifle. having just ten shots capacity i used this in conjunction with a baby hicapa the hi capa for close in this for long pots, remember theres a lot of 8mm gas shotties out there nowadays that have similar fps and fire three shots that dont adhere to close engagement ranges.

Comment

Awesome hand cannon and great review.
        I had the chance to own one of these beasts.... damn well wish I took it up now!

Oh and epic picture - is that all yours!? Or a team collection?

Comment

This really is a masterpiece from Marushin, the filmsy grips are a let down (I've replaced mine with real steel. straight swap),other then that rock solid.

Comment

thanks guys for the comments... the guns were some of the teams gear laid out on a range day.. i owned about 5 of the guns in the pic (the mp40--m14(at the bottom just visible) the baby hicapa the ics sd6 and the fn2000. and of course the automag..

Comment

nice review

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

iratecabbie I am nothing to do with maree davidson,aka ozziearmy-or any of-aliases Find out more about iratecabbie
              Working...
              X