So about these WE pistols...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So about these WE pistols...

Whilst I commend the aim of the thread, I think it's probably done WE's reputation with uses on here more harm than good!

Fair play for investing to find out though.

Comment

Have had my we xdm compact for over a year now , skirmished roughly twice a month as a primary and as a backup pistol . It has been absolutly flawless in operation and as reliable as hell , even through the cold spell it carried on shooting . For the hundred quid I paid for it new I am well impressed . Especialy as it came with 2 mags from new . One short , 1 long
      Several of my mates have been running glocks and m&p with no issues at all as well .
      I think a lot of problems comes down to people failing to maintain / lube their pistols on a regular basis .and then blaming it on the product rather than their ineptitude .
      All pistols regardless of make will fail if not looked after well .
      I have tm , Kwa , we . I have more problems with my tm mags leaking than I do the Kwa , we mags . Easily repairable but annoying as hell !!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
        Whilst I commend the aim of the thread, I think it's probably done WE's reputation with uses on here more harm than good!

Fair play for investing to find out though.
        Because people are just moaning about them or because it was me that bought it? I am confuse!! :p

'FireKnife'
        68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
        Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Me and my mate do AIPSC style practice on sundays, which means that our pistols get two mags dumped through them every ten minutes or so.

After the first run, my mates Socom Gear (rebranded WE) Punisher 1911 was freezing up so badly it wouldn't even feed, and it vented the mag right into his hand. Tasty frostburn for him. He then decided to rent a Hi capa (which we later found out to be WE rather than TM) and it did exactly the same thing. I saw him lube that pistol to perfection a couple of hours before practice too!

Conclusion: WE pistols seems like they would be fine as a secondary in a skirmish, but suffer insane cool down when too many rounds are put through them too often. If you want a pistol that you can use as a primary straight from the box, i would say go TM. If you are just looking for a secondary that can get you out of sticky situations, a WE should be fine.

WE's are skirmishable, but in my opinion, aren't up to much more than that

Comment

to counter the above, i also use a WE pistol for AIPSC, and i do not find cool down a problem at all.

i use a XDM, which is one of We newer range of pistols.

the Hi-capa's and 1911 you have had experience with are much older (designs) and i can 100% agree that they are probably only up for light skirmish use.
            but to brand all of WE's pistols with the same brush is simply not fair.
            For Sale!
            TM M870 with a load of stuff
            A&K massada sniper spec
            Chronograph
            leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

I wasn't meaning to detract from WE in any way, i was just saying that in my experience you couldn't just dump mags through them with no issues. I think the 1911's are very skirmishable, the punisher has saved my friends bacon many times, it just isn't up to race shooting. Is you XDM completely stock? If not, could you recommend a good loading nozzle? It may save my friend having to buy a whole new pistol

Comment

up until this weekend it was stock yes, have fitted a maple leafe hop/barrel on sunday though.
                For Sale!
                TM M870 with a load of stuff
                A&K massada sniper spec
                Chronograph
                leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

I was impressed with the WE XDM I shot one Sunday skirmishing, almost tempted me to buy one, almost...

WE's older range of pistols (the 1911s, old-gen M9s and Hi-Capas) are gash, I agree. The new stuff is alright for the price, but QC is shakey at best.
                  - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

With the advent of the TM HK45, anyone expecting WE/HK3P to start doing a clone? Maybe it would suddenly turn into a magical wonder-clone like the PX4 has sorta become.

Comment

If someone doesn't make a metal slide (clone) version by Xmas I will eat my BBs.
                      And I'd put money on whatever company it is makes a compact version too.

Comment

I very much doubt itll have the success of the px4, it is a phenomenal pistol!
                        http://youtu.be/XYzlYeEl5kM
                        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Say what about the PX4? Might be tempted by a metal HK45 clone, I don't get on with all plastic 'metal' pistols.

Comment

If you want a metal hk45, just get the KWA. Great pistol, but not up to the TM
                            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Do they still have the dodgy hop units and misfeeding issues though?

I like the idea of TM compatible parts, just not the price tag, or ABS plastic.

Comment

I think people are a bit hard on WE's to be honest.
                                Apparently, they do monitor forums and customer feedback and try to gradually improve the product accordingly.

I'm led to believe they took on board the full auto problem on the M&P's, which has now been resolved.
                                I have 2 XDM's (full size) and a 226, and as yet no issues at all on any of them. IMO, the XDM is actually a nicely made gun.

With regard to the paint finish....
                                RS guns wear the paint at the breech / ejection port and on the barrel - it's not unusual.
                                The difference being, that they will normally use a high quality epoxy type coating on that and the slide, which wears very well.
                                The reps use a fairly standard cheap paint to keep the costs down.

Of course the plastic TM's will look good for longer - there is no paint to wear through and expose a metal surface. All they'll expose is more black plastic!!

All these guns break parts now and then, and WE are no exception. I've seen plenty of TM's break the loading nozzle and valve knockers etc.
                                The truth is, they are ALL in the wrong using cast zinc alloy for (especially) things like sears, hammers, strikers and valve knockers. It's too soft and not fit for purpose from the outset....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FireKnife Huge Resi Fan Find out more about FireKnife
                                Working...
                                X