The KWA Glock 17 GBB Pistol: REVIEW

Make: KWA
    Model: Glock 17
    Scale: 1:1
    Weight: 670 Grams
    Length: 205mm
    Pipelength: 93mm
    Type: Gas Blow Back (GBB)
    Features: Semi-Auto, Metal Top Slide & Barrel, Durable ABS Lower, Under RIS Rail
    FPS: Averaging 310
    Hop: Adjustable

Length of Ownership:
    This was my first gun, bought in November 2009 from Mainirishairsoft.com in Dublin. I paid 99 Euros for it then, but have now seen it on UK sites for around £80. I have had absolutly no bother with the gun or the 4 mags I use. It gets used at least twice a week, so it's had a good run. Hence this review.

Performance:
    Firstly, that FPS.....wow! You know when you've been hit with an fps like that. I think it's higher than most AEGs being used at my site. Most other pistols chrono'd whilst I was watching were ranging from 220 to 290fps, so breaking the 300 barrier makes this little gun quite enviable.

Reliability (mags):
    One thing I keep noticing when people are gassing their mags, is the hissing. I don't know if they are holding the cannister and mag wrong, the seals aren't getting serviced regularly or other mags are just not as well built as the KWA ones. I comment on this because after many uses, the KWA mags make no hissing sounds at all. There are also no gas leaks, and the mags perform very well. This may be because they are only around 6 months old, but a friend of mine has a brand new TM 1911 and his mags were hissing on the first fill.
    I have also heard people complaining about only being able to get one full mag per gas charge. These KWA 25 round standard mags are still giving me 3 full mags worth of shots per single gas charge.
    I service my mags at least once a month, this may have something to do with the mags continued reliability. I also only ever use Ultrair Green Gas, as it contains a small amount of silicon to keep your mags lubricated. Although you still need to service them properly. Also worth noting, only KWA or KSC mags fit the gun.

Reliability (gun):
    From day one, this gun has felt amazing to shoot. It's just the right weight, and the claking sound the top slide makes feels and sounds very authentic. Accuracy is pretty spot on for a pistol, although my ris mounted laser pointer may have helped with this. I have not needed to adjust the hop from when it came out of the box. I have had no problems with the gun, apart from the odd BB jam. However, this has only happened just before I was about to service it. A common issue I've been told, and once serviced does not rear it's ugly head for quite some time.
    I regularly service the gun, normally once a month. This involves removing the top metal slide, and spraying a small amount of sillicon grease along the exposed sections. I also use a lint free cloth attached to a barrel cleaning rod and remove all the gunk that builds up in the barrel.

Conclusion:
    A very good value for money pistol in my opinion, and one that I am very happy with. I was contemplating a full-auto pistol as my next purchase, and was torn between the TM Hi-Cappa Xtreme and the KWA Glock 18c. The later having a semi-auto option as well. Because of the outstanding performance of this KWA Glock, I have decided to opt for the KWA Glock 18c. There's nothing like hands on experience to help one make up their mind.

I hope this review was informative. Any questions let me know,

Danny

Re: KWA Glock 17 - Review

great review mate-keep up the good work.

Comment

great review
      H&K MP5, KWA Glock 17 (cracked). Glock 19

Comment

great review,it looks like your going down the same road as myself,i got hold of a KWA G19,it worked as expected,but then i wanted a small full auto,as an additional sidearm,and got hold of a KWA G26C, it was perfect,i pimped it up,adding tightbore,upgraded the recoil spring,added high flow mag valves, a rocket valve, trijicon night sights, laser grip , polished the slide to a mirror finish, got some 50 round extended mags,and it was like having a one man army,just loved the idea of being able to go full auto,or stay semi..my G19 became neglected.but i then got hold of a genuine glock pistol torch,and so i needed a full auto glock with rails(as the 26c doesnt have any) and went for the G18C, its great but somehow has become stuck on full auto and also a bit too big for my liking, as i prefer the compactness of the baby glock,so now ive moved onto the 23F....and im in the process of field testing it...but this saturday i will be going to a half day semi and shotgun skirmish at romford hospital,so its back to the G19
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
          great review,it looks like your going down the same road as myself,i got hold of a KWA G19,it worked as expected,but then i wanted a small full auto,as an additional sidearm,and got hold of a KWA G26C, it was perfect,i pimped it up,adding tightbore,upgraded the recoil spring,added high flow mag valves, a rocket valve, trijicon night sights, laser grip , polished the slide to a mirror finish, got some 50 round extended mags,and it was like having a one man army,just loved the idea of being able to go full auto,or stay semi..my G19 became neglected.but i then got hold of a genuine glock pistol torch,and so i needed a full auto glock with rails(as the 26c doesnt have any) and went for the G18C, its great but somehow has become stuck on full auto and also a bit too big for my liking, as i prefer the compactness of the baby glock,so now ive moved onto the 23F....and im in the process of field testing it...but this saturday i will be going to a half day semi and shotgun skirmish at romford hospital,so its back to the G19
          hey, any chance you could write a review on the G19
          H&K MP5, KWA Glock 17 (cracked). Glock 19

Comment

well if i get a bit of time.... to be honest its very similar to the above review,except that the pistol is slightly smaller,it perfoms the same and uses slighly shorter mags,all i could add would be dimensions and weight comparisons.....
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DannyDee An airsofter from Northern Ireland Find out more about DannyDee
            Working...
            X