• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruger Mk1?

Quiet
    Pretty
    Cheap

Massive innuendo? :p

Nay! I'm talking about the KJW Ruger Mk1.

I was wondering if anyone with experience of this gun be able to tell me what they think of it? Perform decently?

Thank you very much
    My Feedback

Originally posted by Tiercel
    I mean, how dare I have fun? Im ruining thier immersion

Re: Ruger Mk1?

had the kjw pistol version. Nice little pistol. Long trigger pull. Mags can be a pain as they aren't lip feeds. Other than that a great gun. Can be silent if you make a silencer to go over the outer barrel. Can get a tad hot on green in summer but especially hot if you get the rifle version that can hit 500 on green in winter easily. All round they are only about 70 quid from a certain warrior site. Worth the punt? Yes indeed just for the sheer fun and looks you get for having it. Then people realise which pistol it is and they er well brown things happen in thier pants when you draw it at them.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Haha thanks aribos!

Any idea how you'd make the silencer? Maybe some plastic tubing with cotton wool. I imagine the tricky bit would be finding a way to attach it securely.
      My Feedback

Comment

Erm i never did it on mine, the guy who bought it off me did, i'd imagine a trip to b&q and get some plastic piping, then get some plumbers pipe lagging, chop into rings (Like inside a normal silencer) so there is some air between, then use tape to tape on an end cap at the muzzle end to protect your foam.

PVC Piping, Foam/Pipe insulation stuff,Duct tape,a spare half hour.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

put a silencer and crimson trace grips on mine looks wicked I'll post a pics later
          to put a silencer on I got a standard airsoft silencer removed the front sight of the ruger drilled out the silencer screw on end made a collar to fit over the barrel with the outside circumference an interference fit for the silencer to slot over secured it by grub screws into place hey presto silenced mk1

Comment

Good ideas all round lads! I feel a project coming on...

Jonglow, that'd be great if you had pics, it sounds wicked. What did you make the collar bit out of?
            My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Artekus View Post
              Good ideas all round lads! I feel a project coming on...

Jonglow, that'd be great if you had pics, it sounds wicked. What did you make the collar bit out of?
              used alloy and used my lathe to get it to the right size

Comment

Ruger mK1 assassin much? that looks awesome

Comment

That's the one made by Marushin - pricey and fires 8mm so a no go sadly, but yes it does looks the nuts doesn't it! They make a shiny one too

Jonglow - that looks a bit special that, good job on that silencer!

What can you say performance-wise? If it shoots as well as it looks then I hope I never end up on the wrong end... :p
                  My Feedback

Comment

shoots straight as a dia get loads of kills with it usually followed by ouch and where'd that come from

Comment

Hmmm I feel a need to make one now. It bears close resemblance to a Hi Standard Silenced pistol. OSS loadout anyone?

Comment

Sorry for the necroposting batman!

Anyway i am looking at buying one of these along with a 1911 operator for my metal gear loadout.

Can the slide be racked like the real steel? also i want those crimson trace grips..RIGHT NOW!

Comment

nope
                          trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Originally posted by Artekus View Post
                            That's the one made by Marushin - pricey and fires 8mm so a no go sadly, but yes it does looks the nuts doesn't it! They make a shiny one too
                            They do (did?) make it in 6mm, don't know about the black one but the shiny one certainly :-

Also, if you can find an old M4 outer barrel (or something similar) in your bits box you can fairly easily add a silencer to the carbine too :-

Though to be honest the trigger is a bit too heavy for it to ever be much of a sniper rifle.

Dave
                            Running out of places to hide stuff from the wife

Comment

I'd agree with DaveB2 long trigger pull doesn't make for a great sniper rifle; BUT it does make a very effective 'stalking' gun, if your site allows higher that AEG power for semis.

my site allows 425 max with 20M engagement, and I had some real nice killing sprees with mine; fully silenced mine and it was very quiet run on alley ultra (400fpsish)

Sold it now, but still have a silenced mk1 pistol which I will never sell; it's sooooo good. long trigger pull, but not very heavy so you soon get used to it if you 'pad-pull' with a finger-tip. On etip if you've get BIG hands don't bother as the space inside the guard is pretty small.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Artekus I got born. I did shit Find out more about Artekus
                              Working...
                              X