WE 1911 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WE 1911 review

Most of the hammer parts on a WE 1911 are based around the TM hi capa design. The WE came out before the TM 1911. They used their hi capa as a base for the design, where TM just started afresh. The mag valves are compatible with TM hi capa mag valves, not TM 1911 mag valves. Some trigger parts are 2011 based as well. Valve knocker for example. The design is poor to be honest. WE also have the tendency to route more gas down the barrel than into the blowback chamber. To do this they use a stronger spring inside the loading nozzle. If you swap this spring out with a TM spring, you'll notice it kicks a little bit better.

Also, the other springs in the gun are just not balanced very well at all. They use a big hammer spring, so it can deal with strong gasses if you so wished, but most people use green. Change that to a slightly softer spring, and the slide has less resistence when it's cocking the hammer. Shoots a little better. The recoil spring could do with downgrading as well, but the poor manufactur of the gun, notably, the poor metal on the hammer sears, will mean the hammer sits too high after it's been cocked, and it'll rub on the slide as the slide returns to battery. Very annoying. So you almost need that stronger recoil spring, to get over the hammer on the reset stroke of the slide. You might be able to swap out the hammer and sears as well (probably with 2011 parts) but to be honest, by the time you've spent that much on the gun, you may as well have got a TM and put up with the plastic.

I've tried to get one of these running consistently well before, but gave up in the end. They're just hopeless in winter, and their price tag is because of the poor materials used. If you want a summer gun, that wont necessarily last more than a year, this is a fair choice.

That's enough of the tech side. One of the things I love about this gun is the single stack mags. 14 rds, and easy to fill with the hole at the bottom of the mag, and the locking follower.
    sigpic
    Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
    I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Pretty much what DOAR said, the WE 1911 is based of a hi-capa.

I tried to fit the mainspring housing of my hi capa on my 1911, doesn't fit however without modification to the lower section. The 1911 mainspring housing does fit in the hi capa though. - Not entirely flush where the mags would be entering, as there is a gap.

I haven't tried other parts for the 1911, but will eventually when I decide to give it some goodies.

Swapped slides the other day, it now fires and cycles properly - however the slide is too heavy. I would in my opinion buy an after-market one if you get the chance.

Comment

Already posted on pictures of your guns thread, just thought for the sake of posting on this thread.

Comment

My both old 1911's with Real Pachmayr American Legend grips

Comment

just picked up one of these brand new, loved the look & feel of it. full metal clack sounds the nuts.

huge problem is though, it will only fire three shots off before the mag is out of (green) gas, I'm not into taking the thing to bits and doing mods to get it working.

its going back to the shop to be exchanged for something that works out of the box.

massive let down.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheLazyMarksman Please be aware that not only myself use this account. Find out more about TheLazyMarksman
            Working...
            X