We 1911 meu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We 1911 meu

This is a review for the WE 1911 MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit)

As an airsofter i would say i was hard to please. My taste is select, i dont like anything that looks or feels like a toy, and most importantly i dont want to have to go spending money upgrading something which really should come out of the box as good as it can be. I have had my mits on a few pistols in my time, M9's, P226, Browning HP, some hi-cappa or another, but nothing which really cought my attention. And then the 1911, wow i thought a 45. automatic reliable, robust at least in real steel terms, but a little too old fashioned. So whilst trawling the internet as all airsofters do... no just for guns, well... anyway the MEU rears its little head. Looks great, without markings £90 with markings £100.. its a pistol you need the markings...needless to say it was straight to add to basket...and was all i thought about for

1 week

2 weeks

3 weeks

bloody customs.... 2 months later. it arrives at my door. Thank you HM's representatives. Wont mess around saying what the box was like i wripped the thing open so quick it looked like scrap in about 2 seconds. First look at the pistol and yes, it was worth the weight. Nice matt black finish, markings look great. You could be forgiven for putting it in a glass case somewhere and never shooting it. First looks then 10/10.

Its when you pick this baby out of the box that it all becomes even better. The weight and the balance of the pistol is beautiful, close to if not perfect. The rubburised texture on the grip is extremely comfortable and works when wet cold hot or covered in mud, and its capped off with a nice little round thingy in the middle which looks lovely...

Now i had this gun for several months before i even opened it up. It worked beautifully (although unfortunatly one mag was leaky... and HK sellers being HK sellers suddenly couldnt speak a word of the queens). The action on the gun is distinctive and crisp, its easy to sit down with it cock it and wait for it.... press the slide release catch... a satisfying clink and you feel like your harder than Ricky Hatton.

Shooting. The pistol is accurate, what more can i say the adjustable sights help you make fine changes to suit your needs its practical it works. Range well i wont say that its accurate past 20 odd feet, however if you shoot it next to the average AEG it wouldnt fall to short. Power is somewhere in the region of 300fps and it definatly hurts the other end, shooting me in the bum now being my gf's faviorite past time... what did you say to that girl... outside now! very scary... sorry back to the gun. Action when shooting is great crisp firm and you dont think its going to break itself.

I have recently stripped the gun down, internally all is sound parts are solid. Being a gas pistol when field stripped it looks far more realistic than any AEG taken to pieces, its really very satisfying. Now i gave it a good rub with some grease just to keep it smooth gave it a bit of a rub made sure it was shiny... keeping it happy, although to be honest if your not a fan of taking guns apart this will probably work for a long time as is out the box (as it should do).

Finally the magazines. Can be bough in either silver or black, when i purchased them only silver was available as such mags are silver with black bottom plates. Mags overall are solid and have a handy catch for the spring with a side hole to put bb's in without pushing them through the top. One problem is that you need a small brass extension nozel which is a pain in the bits and bobs iv lost two already. (is this a problem with the gas cans or the mags) who knows... anyway. The second issue is that over time the bottom plates become loose and wobble, doesnt effect performance and doesnt make much noise so im not bothered, but if thats the kind of thing that would drive you mad... dont buy this gun.

Now for all those who cant be arsed to read the main body rant, i will get to what every man wants... a brief summary. wouldnt it be lovely if women came with one...

Price - better left to individual interpretation
    Looks - 10/10
    Materials - 10/10
    Feel - 10/10
    Action - 10/10
    power - 10/10
    Accuracy - 9/10 (about as good as an airsoft pistol can be)
    Upgradability - 10/10 (if you like that sort of thing)
    Weight - 10/10
    reliability - 10/10 (i have had no problems but remember airsoft guns are built about as consistantly as christmas puddings)

All in all a pistol that i would reccomend to anyone.

I hope you enjoyed reading, look forward to seeing your comments. Please make jokes please have a laugh... lifes to short to be a grumpy old man...

Re: We 1911 meu

Great review; are there any trademarks on your M.E.U? - Because most, (not all) WE pistols are unbranded, so I'm just wondering.

Comment

I think it's unbranded. I only know of one We 1911 thats got trades, but it sold out rather quickly

Comment

yea its got some pretty good trades on i will put some pics up a little later, glad you liked the review.

Comment

Comment

Goregous pistol!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

davetherave Find out more about davetherave
            Working...
            X