Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSC USP Tactical (s7) or SocomGear M9A1

KSC USP Tactical (s7) or SocomGear M9A1

Looking to buy a new pistol, two that have taken my eye are the KSC system7 USP Tactical and the SocomGear M9A1.

Does anyone have any experience with either of them?
    FPS?
    Upgrade parts available?

Thanks
    Vortex

Re: KSC USP Tactical (s7) or SocomGear M9A1

i have had a go with the m9 and its great! hard kick and great performance even on 134a :D its just asking to be fed propane

Comment

Hi,
      How good was the range / accuracy?
      Thx
      Vortex

Comment

i have the socom gear m9, its a lovely pistol, the only problems i find with it are
        its a complete and utter gas hog, most the time you wont get a full mag off, with one load of gas, and the hop is none adjustable.

Comment

Ive just got my KSC USP tactical.

Skirmished with it for the first time on Sunday.

First off make sure you buy the Japan version.

Excellent pistol so far. It took about 5-6 mags to break it in. Kept jamming and just being a pain. But now its awesome. No jam's, nothing.

Power wise we crono'ed it at 320 being the lowest and 335 was the highest reading. That was with abbey ultra and .25's.

Range and accuracy was good, my first kill with it on Sunday was about 25 - 30m's out and still had power behind it. I was using it with madbull .30's and it was an average temp out. About 15-16 degrees.

Only real issue ive had is that the standard thread won't fit a tracer or standard silencers. Have to get an adaptor.
          TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
          Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
          Maruzen APS Type 96
          TM P226, Tac Master .
          WE SCAR + VFC UGL
          KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

do you know if there is a tracer for the KSC USP?
            a french on a wrong side of the channel... but this country is a blast for any big boy in a mid life crisis (vxr8, slot car, CQB airsoft). See you on a wednesday at UA

Comment

There isn't.

Comment

To behonest from what i read above. The Socom gear M9. May kick well. But doesnt perform well. I can get two mags from my m93r from one gas charge. Thats 64 shots off. If the Socom gear M9. Kicks harder and sounds louder ill eat my hat. Bearing in mind my M93R averages 343fps on a day around 10c temp.

I have had experience of the USP. I would go with that. A much better pistol performance wise.

Or look at a KWA USP tactical. Handle green gas out of the box.

Another option is the KWA M9 PTP. Performs alot better than the Socom. And the KWA is also full metal. You can get it with a rail for lasers and torches aswell.
                "Sometimes seen but never heard"

Comment

I am very biased on this and would very much recomend the System 7 KSC. I have run mine on everything apart from CO2 with no problems what so ever. Both mags are leak free and have been much used.

The major problem is when running them on the more exotic gas they can get up to very high fps which is above site limits so you might need to keep some 134a in as well to keep within limits in the summer.

Gas consumption is excellent and generally get at least two plus a part reload's per fill of gas. Range is good and accuracy is about as good as you can expect from any pistol.

I personally did not get the Japanese one I got the one for the ROW as the fps shown at the time was greater for the ROW no idea why but it was.

The only downside and I personally have not experianced this is that parts can be slow to obtain if you have a breakage which I have not (yet).

They are a very solid and reliable gun and the hop adjustment on the system 7 is very easy to use. The KSC also has the same as RS ability to lock the gun so it cannot be fired, although the key for this was put in the box in the loft 30 seconds after I took the gun out.

A very solid choice for a side arm in my opinion.
                  Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
                  Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
                  Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

vortex Find out more about vortex
                  Working...
                  X