Collapse

KSC Glock 19 Part #22 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry just had another look at the vid and it does sound ok, but for whatever reason that isnt getting enough gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: KSC Glock 19 Part #22 Problem

thats why im thinking parts 78 and 24 could be at play the mags are fine and the hammer and spring work so it could be the other 2

Comment

#24 seems fine when i removed it, i will check part #78

Comment

Almost certainly part #78.

This is the impact hammer, fairly common problem. Firing without a mag puts pressure on a weak spot, which breaks, causing the light striking you hear in the video.

See the part poking into the mag well :D

See this video, from 0:45 to 1:45. Be warned, VERY annoying American kid with anger issues. However, does show what you are looking for exactly! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbnHivgAY5I

As he says, the Shooters Design steel version is a good fix. However a normal one should last so long as you cock the weapon before putting in the mag, and avoid firing it without a mag in it.

Comment

Yeah ur right he has issues.....LOL

I looked at part #78 and it does not seem to be cracked like the one in the video, but I will remove it to check properly. what else do I check in that section i see there is a part#75 (spring)

What if part #78 is intact? how do I know if it is striking properly?

Comment

Sorry for the back to back post but couldnt find the edit for the prev post

I made another video as I realised the piston cup part#27 was the wrong way round. LOL
              It does cycle harder now but unfortunately still has the issue
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIyK1rajYUE

there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with part #78 (hope I am not missing anything)

Comment

You'll not see any issues with #78 without removing the part, which is a pain as it is a fiddly rebuild.

If part 22 (plastic loading nozzle which goes around piston cup) truely is moving freely and quickly, not too many options left. I assume you've tried with another mag to rule that out?

Comment

yeah i tried another mag and same results

Im thinking perhaps the piston cup is not making a good seal, how can I do an airseal test ??

Comment

No way of doing that really.

GBB don't work on compression the in the same way spring weapons do.

As I say, classic #78 failure symptoms. Until that is checked, no point doing anything else really.

Comment

k gonna have to strip it .... how do i know if it is a problem ???
                      what if its not cracked??

Comment

More than likely it will physically be missing a piece from it, like shown in the video.

If it is not broken, next step would be try a 150% hammer spring. You'd need to take the same bit apart anyway to install that.

Comment

k i dismantled it ... what a mission putting it together again.....

I took the liberty of taking photos of the parts...

http://picasaweb.google.com/11137479...19TriggerMech#

Comment

Ok, well that is good and bad news!

Bad as the problem is still unidentified, good as you don't need the £30 Shooters Design Impact Hammer! The impact hammer does not seem to be worn on the end, so another thing ruled out.

I would say now the most likely thing is not enough gas is being let out. If you can get hold of a 150% hammer spring, might cure it. You can also try using a weaker gas, so try some Ultra or 134a if you are running green the moment. This "light striking" is when the button on the mag is not pressed sufficiently to let enough gas out. Either because the button is stuck, the gas gives too much resistance or the hammer spring does not have enough power.

Comment

hmmm will try get one, but when i tested the gun with slide off and mag in - th hammer hit the valve and all the gas sprayed out (I use propane). Wouldnt that rule that out?

Comment

How long did it take to empty?

What kind of propane? You running any silicone in that?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fabzster Find out more about Fabzster
                                Working...
                                X