Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle (picture heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle (picture heavy)

The Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle, on the face of it, it looks like it is a huge cumbersome shiny pistol.
    • Then when you look at it again you realise you have bought a huge cumbersome pistol WITH hard kick!!
      The Hard-kick version of the Desert Eagle really has a "hard kick".
      I think out of all of the pistols i have fired which is a fair few, this is one of the most realistic, powerful and crisp blowback pistol I have used.

The first time you rack the slide or pull the hammer back you get shivers, thats how awesome and exciting this pistol is and it does turn heads !

A bit of background information on the Desert Eagle
    • The Desert Eagle is a large-framed gas-operated semi-automatic pistol designed by Magnum Research in the U.S., manufactured primarily in Israel by IMI (Israel Military Industries, now Israel Weapon Industries).

There are several versions of the desert eagle but only the XIX is produced for airsoft.
    • Mark I and VII
    • Mark XIX
    • Jericho/Baby Eagle
    • Micro Desert Eagle

The top left desert eagle was the first ever put into production.

The Desert Eagle is now used mainly by the Israeli police force.

About the TM Desert Eagle

Weight: 1110g (just about 1Kg)
    Length: 270mm
    • The TM desert eagle is 1:1 Scale to the real thing and it would be hard to determine which is which at a glance.
    • The desert eagle also has a very discrete rail that just runs along the top and it is possible to mount a sight there but i doesn't look very good.
      Believe me i have tried
    • The TM GBB version of the desert eagle strives above other makes in quality and true likeness to the real thing.
    • Do not let the fact of it being built out of ABS plastic put you off, it is as solidly built as a tank. It even looks as if it is steel until you actually use it.
    • The magazine is a really nice metal build and is very weighty, when this is put into the pistol it adds a really nice weight to the whole pistol. The magazine is also much bigger than a normal Pistol magazine

• The TM desert eagle also features full tade-marks on both sides of the slide which is a nice feature and just looks awsome.

• This is also true of the grips, there is the IMI seal on the grips. As well as looking good the grips are very comfy and are very ergonomic.

• Just above the grips there is also a unique unit number from TM along with an ASGK stamp (Airsoft Gun Kai - Regulating organization for Airsoft manufacturers)

• The Desert Eagle is a one of a kind pistol and there are few upgrade options internally you can actually choose from however you can upgrade the hammer spring, Recoil spring, gas valve, barrel and also an enhanced loading mechanism.
    • You are also able to buy a metal kit for the TM desert eagle which most people do go and get as it does really finish off what is a perfect pistol.

Internals
    • To remove the top slide for maintinence and uprgrades it is very easy, you much first remove the mag, twist the foremost catch anti-clockwise and slide the slide forward.

You should end up with it like this

• It is now ever easy to remove the recoil spring and simply replace with new or upgraded one's.
    • Now it is very easy to lube up the internals also, so that the action stays smooth and crisp.
    • It is wise to do this, i find after every 20 mag's you put through it. You could also use 13a4 maintenance gas, it works a treat to help keep everything in working order
    • On the Desert eagle there is a safety catch on either side so it is ambidextrous for ease of use by either a leftie or a right handed person.
    • It is a very firm Safety catch and will not slip off even if you were to drop it. The catch also features a nice clicking noise when you flick it from safe to fire just for that extra confirmation
    • There is a blank mark for safe and there is a red dot for live

• The sights are also interchangeable so you are able to have night sights or have the actual steel sights on your Deagle.
    • To achieve this, all you have to do i believe is slide them out and then just replace with the new ones although i have not as yet tried this out.

• Another very handy feature of the desert eagle is the Hop-up, this plus an upgraded inner barrel will give you pinpoint accuracy with this pistol.
    • The Hop-up is actually hidden where the breach would be.

• All you do is simply slide it back to reveal the hop-up.

• As you will be able to see from this picture, it is much larger than most.

Pro's & Con's

Pro's

• High FPS
    • Serious fear factor (for the enemy)
    • double stack magazine (hold 27 rnd's)
    • Just Awsome
    • Hop-up
    • Metal kit is available
    • Solid TM build
    • Available in Silver or Black

Con's

• Bit big and impractical for some
    • Uses more gas than a smaller pistol
    • Heavier than most pistols

Conclusion

• So to sum the Desert Eagle up, it is a really lovely pistol if you are a pistol collector or like to handle large weapons (be mature) then this is for you! Its quite a high FPS out of the box and also accurate too.

There are also some upgrades to make it even more perfect as i said earlier.

But do be prepared for this pistol as it does require a bit of maintenance, lots of gas, large holster and someone who can actually get there hands round the grips!

Thanks for reading my review, any questions please Pm me.

Ollie.

sigpic

You're funny....I'm Gonna Kill You Last
    Originally posted by Kagedwolf
    I suppose your catchphrase would be "HEIL HITLER!"?
    Originally posted by Major
    well i doubt it comes under any copyright infringement!

Re: Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle (picture heavy)

The Desert Eagle is now used mainly by the Israeli police force.
    Good review, but weren't they mainly developed for target shooting? They're very impractical for combat shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
      Good review, but weren't they mainly developed for target shooting? They're very impractical for combat shooting.
      Thanks for reading, you are right, they are quite impractical for combat shooting. Although a friend of mine who was in egypt last year said that, that was what they had....its only second hand information so i'm not sure what they use now...weather they have phased the deagle out or not I don't know.

Apparently it was given to certain tank crews because it was small but mighty and therefore better than having rifles in the tank....but i'm too sure on who uses it or what for these days

Ollie
      sigpic

Comment

Just to add to the actual review there is a Jericho/Baby Deagle in production for airsoft

Type : Co2 Non Blow Back
        Magazine capacity: 15 BB
        Weight :740 GR
        Lenght : 215 MM
        Price: £69.95
        sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ollie2435 Find out more about ollie2435
        Working...
        X