Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Marushin Taurus Raging Bull 6.5” (silver)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marushin Taurus Raging Bull 6.5” (silver)

Hi guys,

This is my review of the marushin raging bull revolver, they are something of a collectors item, and as far as I am aware marushin no longer make these, although one or two retailers may have them in stock, but mainly in black. I was very lucky to be able to get hold of one, especially for £120 shipped. There are several barrel lengths, 4.5”, 6.5” and 8.375”. I opted for the 6.5” as it seemed to be the most proportioned of the lot.

First Impressions:

The gun was supplied with about 50 .27g 8mm bbs, and a tool for locking the hammer (to disable the gun) Supposedly the gun is meant to come with with a rail for mounting a scope, but there was no trace of this. Now my particular gun was a little scratched and battered already (only viewable under scrutiny), and the packaging is quite good (layers of cardboard as opposed to polystyrene that tm use), so I would say that the retailer I bought it from had used it around the shop a bit grr.

The gun itself:

It's a large gun. This goes without saying, but when the shells are out it feels too light, but as soon as you load the 6 solid metal shells, it feels about right, maybe a little on the light side. This is because most of the gun is plastic, with the trigger, hammer, drum and sights being metal. You may think I am overplaying the weight of the shells in this, but each one is at least 20gm (probably more weighty that the real rounds)

The grips are a rubber coated plastic, with the trademark raging bull strip at the rear. In the real steel, this is to soak up the recoil. It is made out of rubber, and does actually feel quite nice when gripping the gun. The only problem the grips have is that the two halves seem slightly too small for the frame, and so leave a little open seam at the bottom. I am going to try and put a tiny bit of glue in there to make it a proper fit.

Marushin decided to make this revolver fire 8mm bbs, which individually load into each shell, so you get 6bbs per load: and about 18 decent shots per fill. This may not seem like many, but each shot fires an 8mm bb. The gas reservoir is filled via the bottom of the grip, like the mauri python. It is recommended that you use 134a, but I have found propane/green to be fine, but to be safe I use abbey ultra.

Performance:

Now this gun is mainly a wall-hanger, so I did not expect the performance to be too great. With .27g bbs it was reaching out to 30m with aright accuracy, and one or two spewing out to the side (not great when you only have 6 shots). I could not get hold of any decent weight 8mm's this weekend, so couldn’t test the accuracy or range that I would have normally at a skirmish. Power wise it seems to do about 300-320fps, which makes a bloody great whack on impact. Dry firing, it seems to push out a large amount of gas, with a crack, indicating the power. I reckon that it would be fecking painful to be shot with.

Overall verdict:

Looks and feels great. I got huge number of comments wherever I went with this thing, it feels nice, and if you want a fun wall-hanger look no further. As a skirmish weapon, I would not recommend it, except if you want to scare the crap out of someone in cqb.

I will put up some more pictures when I get my camera going.

Re: Marushin Taurus Raging Bull 6.5” (silver)

Nice one Cornish.
    Please put up some more pics when you can.
    I have the Marushin Ruger Super Redhawk.6.5" in black ( would have prefered silver but none available). When new I thought the pistol ok, now I have solved all the issues I had ,I absolutely love it and would never part with it.

Like yours the grips are two piece soft rubber and just too floppy. I solved this by taking them off and filling all the empty pockets with glue from a hot glue gun.Perfect.

Next problem ..accuracy ( lack of ). I discovered that the inner barrel was badly aligned with the shells in the cylinder. I have fixed this but it does involve some gunsmithing , i.e. Fileing/drilling / thread tapping etc.
    Accuracy better but still not as good as it should be, THEREFORE, I made my own inner barrel.
    Now shoots tight 1.5 inch groups at 6 metres and consistently hits a coke can every time at ten metres.... using .40 bb`s and abbey ultra gas.The inner barrel was surprisingly cheap ( yes it is 8mm), but you will need a lathe to cut/chamfer and put in two grooves for the circlips that hold the hop unit in place.
    Marushin guns are affordable and well made but do need some final fitting and finishing to bring them up to Tanaka standards. Well worth the effort if you have the skills or know someone who has.
    pp

Comment

I will put pics up beggining of feb, as that is when my camera gets back from being fixed.

I will try and fiddle with the grips, but to be honest, I will get some modify shells, and use heavier bb's, as I will only be using it for showing off really.

Comment

A couple of years ago I tried to order the 8.375" just because it is the biggest bad ass hand cannon in airsoft, but it turned out they are as rare as rocking horse s**t, and marushin dont make them anymore. So I opted for a python instead which is cool, but its not a raging bull.

Comment

Several places still have the black version instock, in different sizes, but I wanted the chrome one, and I could only find a 6.5" which is the one I wanted, as although the 8.375" is cool, I can't help thinking that it is too big.

Comment

More pictures

Comment

got the 8. whatever barrel mint condition, just nobody seems to want it !
              3 x 1911s allwith custom grips, thompson m1a1

Comment

got the 8. whatever barrel mint condition, just nobody seems to want it !
                Lower the price and it would sell

Comment

i gave my silver raging bull away for £120 with 6 extra shells...cos i didnt like the 8" version,i would have kpet it if it was the 6.5...but alas i did not have one...i also sold my tanaka m500 8" 3/8 because i just dont like really massive guns...now im rolling with a 3" and a 2" tanaka S&W
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Can I just say, as I have been pm'd several times regarding the sale of it, that it is no longer in my possession.

Comment

get the Anaconda, it's soo nice.
                      sigpic
                      View iTrader Rating Here
                      Looking for Kjw KC-02 Parts(Ra-tech, Kjw, etc..) PM me!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cornishpotshot I'm crazy, even thinking about talking to me shows that you are also a lunatic! Find out more about cornishpotshot
                      Working...
                      X