Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reveiw Request: TM Desert/Foliage Warrior

Hello.

I had a quick look here and i couldnt find a Review for it.

I would greatly appreciate someone giving me some info about the Warrior.

Thanks.

Re: Reveiw Request: TM Desert/Foliage Warrior

I would advise Googling TM 1911 reviews as its really onlya sort barreled version of it.
    Personally I rate the TM 1911 highly and my dad (who owns all 3) says he prefers the desert and foliage warriors as he like the compacts.
    Apart from that I dont know to much about them handling wise

Comment

The Desert Warrior isn't exactly a shorter barrel'd 1911. It uses a hicapa slide and blowback mech so it cycles very fast. It's a great pistol. Has a nice weight to it, works decent in the winter and has good accuracy. The range on mine however was only 35-40 or so metres. Whereas many of my other TM's fire to 50M. My old desert eagles even going past 50M. But for what it is it's a great gun. If you want as as a sidearm it's great. If you plan on using it for a primary then i'd recommend getting a firefly hop rubber

Comment

http://www.justpistols.co.uk/index.html

Comment

I own a TM Desert Warrior and love it.
          Even though the slide is plastic, the pistol has a decent weight and cycles fast. Due to lower weight of the slide, it uses less gas, and when the magazine is filled with gas, it can shoot about 40bbs, which is quite decent.

Even though it has a smaller barrel, the accuracy is good with .23 or .25 (I recommended .23). With .20, I found it to be a bit inconsistent with the shots, especially when double-tapping.

I use it mainly in CQB or low range acquisitions (up to 20m) and it does the job very decently.
          Reliability wise, I just recommend to lube the gas O-Ring inside the magazine, and afterwards screw it tightly to avoid leaks.

In terms of ergonomics, it's a regular 1911. If you like them, it'll fit you.
          The magazine is not a hi-capa one, but rather a MEU/1911 singlestack

It's quite pricey though. I payed around 155euros (130ish gbps) in Portugal for it, however I am most pleased with the performance and looks.

If you like 1911s, their ergonomics, you aren't bothered with the plastic slide and you aren't bothered to spend an extra 10/20 quid for a 4.3 barrel and looks, go for it.

I highly recommend it.
          My youtube channel

Comment

I've got the TM MEU and TM DW versions. I can say that the DW has the same internals but a shorter slide. Meaning Faster Slide and Harder Recoil due to the springs are the same. The slide is less heavy. Accuracy is the same.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gunns McSteele Find out more about Gunns McSteele
            Working...
            X