Tokyo Marui Glock 18c GBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Marui Glock 18c GBB

Well, my first ever review so go easy on me!

After recently using a G17 and discovering that actually I love them, possibly even more than my 5-7, I decided to buy one, then I saw TM's latest offering of a GBB 18c, which made me drool. Ive always wanted an 18c however I dont like AEPs and I dont like KSC/KWA guns as Ive had nothing but trouble with them.

So here we go, after what seemed like the longest drive in history to get to my local airsoft shop, then driving all the way back like an excited schoolgirl, I finally got home and had a chance to peek in the box. What do you get? Well to be honest the box isnt very exciting, standard marui stock photo printed, looks a bit more appealing than the bland G17 box but in all honesty who cares, its a box. Inside you get the usual polystyrene moulded tray holding the gun, the magazine, a few bb's, unjamming/cleaning rod and a new little gizmo, the "dry firing tool".

First of all just to get it out of the way, the dry firing tool. Its a little bit of plastic you put in the magazine, it holds the slide lock down so you can dry fire the gun without the slide locking back. Quite nice. However I would strongly reccomend you never ever use it. It took me nearly 20 minutes to get the bastard thing back out again, nice idea, poor design.

Now onto the interesting bit, the gun. First impression:

Oh my god its beautiful... it has a sleek matt finish to the body, no visible seam lines, the vented top slide and outer barrel look stunning. Full glock trades on the right hand side (correct as far as my limited knowledge goes, though as most of you probably know I couldnt care less about trademarks) standard TM markings on the left hand side.

So it looks amazing, but what does it feel and handle like? Well it feels nice and wieghty in your hand, lovely construction, cracking TM quality all round, it doesnt feel nasty and cheap like some plastic guns. No wobble or rattle on the slide or the magazine.
    I found the magazine sits very tight, can be a bit hard to release and sometimes you need to actually pull on the mag, though I have the same issue with my TM G17 as well, wether its a bad thing I dont know, at least it means you probably wont lose your mag by accidentally releasing it.
    The fire selector is quite stiff as well, whether it will loosen up over time or its just meant to be like that, only time will tell. I would like to be able to operate the gun one handed, flicking the fire selector with your thumb is doable, its easy to get it from semi to automatic, but pushing it back up into semi is quite difficult and sometimes requires you to use your other hand.

Now what we've all been waiting for, firing it.

One word sums it up, stunning. It sounds like an absolute BEAST, my housemate has a KSC Sys 7/NS2 Mac11, which sounds pretty nice and has a good ROF, the G18c beats it in every way. It sounds nicer, the lighter plastic slide has a better ROF (Ok so I cant judge exactly without a chrono, but side by side both firing 20 rounds, the G18c emptied the mag first) and the recoil is beautiful. As far as gas consumption goes, Im running it on propane and 1 fill of gas seems just enough for 2 mags of bb's. So not too bad at all! Will definately have to get some 50 round extended mags for it!

I havent had a chance to use it in a skirmish yet or to do any grouping tests, so I'll update this when I get the chance. However I expect it to be just like the rest of the gun, superb.

So ratings:

Looks: 10/10

I really cant fault it in any way.

Ergonomics and handling: 9/10

It sits in the hand perfectly and emits pure joy when fired. The only reason it didnt get a 10 was because of the typical "glock slant" of having to hold it pointing down slightly to use the sights, but lets be honest, thats not TM's fault and when youre using this on full auto, you wont need the sights!

Performance: 10/10

Absolutely stunning, the range is impeccable, though I will be giving it a go on .25's when I get some to see if that makes a difference. The ROF and recoil are superb and make you grin like a chesire cat. This gun is an absolute joy to use.

Overall: 9.5/10

The only thing that lets the gun down is the fire selector, I really wish it moved easier, but like I said that may come with time, or perhaps I'll strip it down and give it a good lube, but overall I really cant fault this gun. Buy one, you wont regret it. Infact buy 2 so you can dual wield them because that will make you feel like a god among men.

Re: Tokyo Marui Glock 18c GBB

And heres some pictures with decent lighting to show its beauty!

I cant help but think this gun would look amazing with a silver outer barrel though.

Comment

What holster are you using? I like the blackhawk down sepra. But the G18c is too large. For the G17 size. I've been told that the Sepra G21 does fit!

Comment

But the G18c is too large. For the G17 size
        But they're the same size......... aren't they?

Comment

Marui Glocks are wider than the real steel ones, and as such, won't fit in a G17 SERPA, without modifying the holster.

They will however fit in the higher calibre Glock holsters... I think it's the 21?

Comment

Im just using a generic fabric holster.

Why does everyone assume the only holster anyone should use is a damn serpa type thing D:

Comment

Because most fabric holsters are turd.

Comment

Thats true, but there are other options than Serpa :P

Im looking into getting a PWL Leather glock holster as they look sexy as hell.

Comment

SERPA or Fobus...

Retention holsters make pistol useful.

Comment

I thought I would get one after reading your review and I did on saturday from my local site, and I have to agree with Tiercel the grin factor on this gun goes all the way to 11!!!
                    Although I did not find had the same problem with the fire selector. It moves easily on mine, to the point I could switch from single to full fire whilst still shooting at Jake! I will not forget his girly screams as he ran away!!
                    I give it 10/10.

Comment

Having used mine for a days skirmish i agree it is very good to shoot, and good on gas too.

I do have a problem with the plastic used for the slide, its far too soft.

After only about 4 standards mags through it the slide release catch is starting to chew up the plastic at ther back of it and the top of the slide is quite badly marked where it banged against a mag in my vest.

Im a bit annoyed by this as i didnt really fancy having to shell out for a metal slide
                      TM/G&P MK14 Mod 0, G&P SR16 URX Shorty, TM Glock 18c GBB, DE L128A1

Comment

Interesting that TM have done a Glock 18C

I did have a KWA 18c which wasn't too bad but it did need a metal slide.

Only thing that would put me off this is the plastic slide however... as a alternative to other GBB SMG's and Machine Pistols, this could prove to be a worth while purchase considering the price of KWA/KSC GBB SMG's
                        You Know When You've Been Deagled!

Comment

Personally I would take a TM over a KWA/KSC gun any day of the week. Ive had 2 KSC/KWA guns and theyve both been crap. I had a KSC beretta cougar which just decided to pack up and die one day for no reason. And a KWA Mac11, which was crap, suffered horibly from cooldown and feeding issues.

All my TM pistols are running perfectly though and never missed a beat. The G18c slide is hellishly strong and Ive been running it for a few months now on propane and so far its had no issues, no excessive wear or damage to the slide. The only thing it needs is lubricating more often than a normal GBB because of its insane fire rate.

Comment

Cool stuff!

I certainly agree with you with the mac 11 and glock 18c KWA/KSC Produced, But owning the MP9 was an amazing gun! it was an amazing GBB and certainly would want another.

I shall have to get a TM 18C instead of a KSC/KWA Version. Although the M93r has taken my fancy!
                            You Know When You've Been Deagled!

Comment

I see there's a Guarder metal slide available, anyone gone down that route yet? If so whats required to make this option work?
                              HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
                              Working...
                              X