Maruzen Walther p99 fixed slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maruzen Walther p99 fixed slide

This is a beautifully made pistol with fully licensed trades so looks the part too, looking at the gun i can only see 2 giveaway markings (made in japan on right hand side and a warning mark above the hand grip) ow and they are all stamped with 001007 as there serial number

The box is a reminder of the awesomeness of the pistol within. It states what the weapon is, and what should be with it, but it is a bit false as it states there is a tac light included which is not true, not that i am bothered because it would have been taken off and thrown in the general direction of the bin anyway.

Open the box and there is ......another box yey!, of course i mean a hard plastic pistol case in which it comes with, inside that there is polystyrene bottom perfectly cut around the pistol, magazine and silencer and in the top there is pointed foam to keep everything very secure. Behind this you will find a perfect manual that is english and may others.

The weapon is very well made and feels very solid, only 1 piece of the whole gun is made of monkey metal and that is inside and is only a mounting for the steel parts anyway. The gun itself is plastic and two tone (not in the bad 'hi im terry and im luminous' sort of way) but the lower 'receiver'? is dark gray and the slide has an lighter almost blueish tint to it.

The mag sprays gas all over when full so u definitely know when its full. It holds a fair amount of gas and will empty 27 bb's 3 times!! and this was tested while it was on site this weekend using Propane chronoing at 344fps useing one of my custom made adaptors (availible soon).

Upon first shot of the weapon the range was utterly S**T hop fully on. but after a few mags it started to settle down and became better but still crap. At first i thought i had wasted my hard earned cash but through the day i fell back in love with it, and after getting home stripping it down spraying loads of silicon on the hop and rubbing it all back off with a cleaning rod and test fireing again i p*ss*d my pants at the performance its much better than my previous pistol (TM Sig p226)

So as soon as i got home i stripped it down, which i was stupidly suprised about as it only includes removeing 2 pins and.....well thats it its in 2 pieces. When i looked at the hop and down the barrel there was more grease on it than on a long haird ginger . So i sprayed the hell out of it with silicon lube and ran 2 lots of tissue paper through with a previously acquired cleaning rod, and guess what boom the range is just superb!!

Im well impressed with this pistol, its just amazing!! and almost silent"" (can be confirmed by Rob

Matt.

Re: Maruzen Walther p99 fixed slide

have these gone back into production? i thought i saw that a shop that supports fire said that they had got them back in stock on their home page but when i clicked on it it then said that they had a stock level of zero, is there anybody else who has seen them in stock on any other shops, without naming the shops of course
    PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Just them. Had 20 in when the came back in stock but my guess is someone night them all to sell on at a profit.
      KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
      mix'n'match M4
      Maruzen P99

Comment

They've been re-released under Umarex recently. An awesome piece of kit I've got two of the older ones. If you can get the KN tightbore its worth it, but stock the only gun I'd rate higher for performance is the Mk23, but these are so much cooler.

I've got a thread adapter on mine so I can fit a larger silencer - the skinny stock one isn't big and manly enough really...

I'd thoroughly advise running black .25s in it :D
        ZED Adventures

Comment

Do these have an adjustable hop? A lot of Maruzens have the fixed unit.

Comment

The old type have an adjustable hop with a screw in the top of the ejection port. given this is identical in all other ways I'd assume it was the same hop...

*edit* adjustable hop was mentioned in the OPs review...
            ZED Adventures

Comment

*edit* adjustable hop was mentioned in the OPs review...
              Ah, silly me

I might just have to get one of these :p

Comment

Hi can you help me out with clarifying if the rail system is a regular 20mm or is it a special size that doesn't fit regular attachments? (TM socom mk23 rail only fits the LAM unit that comes with it but I'd like to use my own CREE Torch with laser!)

Comment

Does anyone know where to get the rail adaptor for the P99, there were some really old pics of an UMAREX adaptor which then gave you a standard 20mm rail?

Comment

Originally posted by Feydakin View Post
                    They've been re-released under Umarex recently. An awesome piece of kit I've got two of the older ones. If you can get the KN tightbore its worth it, but stock the only gun I'd rate higher for performance is the Mk23, but these are so much cooler.

I've got a thread adapter on mine so I can fit a larger silencer - the skinny stock one isn't big and manly enough really...

I'd thoroughly advise running black .25s in it :D
                    Hi Feydakin, what kind of thread adapter did you get? I'd like to know what thread a stock P99 comes with?

Comment

sorry to revive this, but you can't there is no way to get one in the UK short of buying the P99 ******* package new, which would be extortionately expensive to get a hold of it.

a guy called redfish on a forum about walthers makes custom ones for 1st gen p99s in america, but he won't ship outside the us ...

for the guy below, the thread is internal to the pistol, i.e. doesn't poke out the front, and its smaller than a standard 14mm, I reckon about 10mm or so.
                      you can get a 14mm adapter, but we can't tell you where to get it from here.
                      KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
                      mix'n'match M4
                      Maruzen P99

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

04birch_m Find out more about 04birch_m
                      Working...
                      X