Dan Wesson CO2 Revolver (8 Inch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Wesson CO2 Revolver (8 Inch)

Does anyone know or have a review on this revolver as i really am not sure if i should spend £100 onit?!!
    Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls!

Re: Dan Wesson CO2 Revolver (8 Inch)

Hey there, i own the 6 inch version and i can say they are very similar. The build quality is good and it's just made well. I got this as my first pistol and i wish i didn't for a few reasons
    Cons:
    1. You only get 6 shots
    2. It's VERY powerful, mine chronos at 400+ with 0.4's on a hot day ( This can be a pro or con depending on how you look at it )

Pros:
    1. Looks the part
    2. A decent price considering what you get

it looks amazing and i am happy i got it. If the power is too much for your site then there IS a away to downgrade it, you have to change the hammer-spring inside the grip for a less powerful one.

Comment

does the Dan Wesson have a hop unit? Its available in .177, and 6mm, and I'm wondering if you could make the 6mm version vaguely skirmishable.

Comment

http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55915

Reaver
        "I'm three sheets to the wind, and i haven't even left the harbour!"

Comment

I have an 8inch Dan wesson myself;

if your looking for something to skirmish then the power of this beast is a massive draw back, its far to savage for most sites and this can get annoying.

I bought mine more for private skirmishes with mates, and let me tell you, this thing stings like crazy! although the box says "airsoft gun" it really is far too savage to be using for shooting people with I think. but its good for putting holes in cans on a summers evening.

handaling wise its a fairly meaty piece of kit. having never owned a real revolver i dont know if the weight is smillar but its enought to feel more like the real deal then the plastic bodyied versions out there.

I bought 2x speed loaders woth mine and an extra 12 shells, as it is a bit of a pain having to reload after six shots, having said that, there is something very satisfying about slidng the metal sleved shells in to the chamber and flicking it shut! everyone really wants to be a john wayne wannabe, they just dont realise!

in short im glad I purchased mine, although i dont use it for skirmishing, when i do hunt tin cans its the first thing I get out of my armoury.

hope that helps

Comment

Same here, I love my 8" version and it's great for mucking about with mates, but no reputable site would ever let you skirmish with one and i'd be very worried if they did.

It's a nice buy if your happy just to admire the gun and use it for the thrill of collecting and home use but don't be suprised if it chrono's over 600+, mine does on a new CO2 capsul and takes many shots for it to taper off.

If there is a safe and reliable way to downgrade i'd consider it so long as it does not ruin the beauty of the gun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

pjc360 Find out more about pjc360
            Working...
            X