Make: KWA
    Model: M93R II NS2
    Firing modes: Semi, 3rnd Burst, Auto
    Construction: Metal & ABS
    Unit Cost (January 2011): £189
    Magazine Size: 48round
    Magazine Cost: £50
    Image: http://www.trinityairsoft.com/popup....ge/1320_1_.jpg

Early 2011 I bought a KWA M93R II. I thought I'd done a review but evidently not!

This is the fully liscensed italian police version. Comes in a matt black with a slightly glossy slide. This is the same pistol that the Italian counter terror squad use. From what I was told when buying it, this was Berettas solution for a team that needed a small, high ROF weapon. Instead of going with the Germans (H&K) they went national. I haven't read this anywhere but I thought it was an interesting story to open with! :D

Firstly, This pistol is mainly metal. The pistol grip, fire selector, hammer, mag release and top slide is metal. the only thing I could find which was obviously ABS was the outter barrel & hop unit. This is compatable with most M9 barrels so you could replace it with metal if you were that fussed.

The gun came with a 48round extended mag which requires a spacer to stop it extruding into the firing mechanism (this is VERY important as you can ruin the nozzle and the mag if it extrudes to far up). The pistol has Semi auto (fire selector down), 3 round burst (selector up) and full auto (selector in the middle) with a safely that can only be engaged when the hammer is cocked. The safety can be switched off with a small movement by your thumb however engaging it requires you to move your hand more!

This gun uses KWA's new System 7 (NS2) delivery method. Which is apprently more consisent and powerful compared to other leading brands.
    I have had this pistol chronos in varying temperatures from freezing to 30 celcius. When freezing, you need to greese the gun well, silicone oil wont work at these temperatures as it gets too thick and jams the gun (I have been using ICS Silcone oil and bearing greese from the local bike shop).
    On green gas the FPS ranges from 300 (on a full mag) to 400 (after being sat in my pocket in the sun for an hour at 30 celcius). However in cold weather this gun doesnt do well as the mags get so cold they don't always discharge the last round. This is in inherent problem with gas weapons...
    I was incredibly impressed with the recoil of this thing. Even on a coil day, the recoil is the same as my friends WE MEU.

The mags are designed to take green gas however, the instruction manual specified that anything stronger than green gas (winter gas) voided the warranty which makes me think its not designed for anything stronger.

In the field this pistol is fantastic! You can buy a stock and have it as an SMG or use as a side arm. The hop is internal and requires a special key to adjust. Once adjusted though, this pistol can put down phenominal range. We are talking about a 5cm spread at 15m or a maximum range of 45-50 meters. If this doesnt impress you then my applogies. However I have never expected a pistol to be ranging in at 45 meters!

The 3 round burst grouping is tighter than a quick succession on semi auto. I have has 10-12cm spreads at 15m. On full auto, accuracy goes to pot as you would expect. But the noise combined with the ROF does keep peoples heads down! Unfortunately due to the ROF, a 48 round mag wont last long but on semi you can definately last a long time without reloading.

Unfortunately, Mags are expensive and I have found no rail mounts or attachement systems for this pistol. This pistol also requires you to clean it frequently and to lubricate more frequently to avoid jams and seizes.

Summary/Conclusion:

All in all, this is a great pistol. I would give it 8/10 (losing 2 points due to maintenance).
    Pros:
    Good power,
    High ROF,
    Diverse fire settings,
    Good accuracy,
    Good range,
    Impressive recoil.

Cons:
    Expensive magazines,
    No rail attachement methods found (so far),
    Freezes up quickly,
    Requires more maintenance than other pistols.

I feel I should emphasise that everything said in this review is from personal experience and opinion. If you dont like what I've written then please dont come tell me about it. However I greatly appreciate peoples advice!
    Kiran Payne
    TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
    Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Re: KSC Beretta M93R II 2011

Correction. This is infact the KSC liscenced version. not the KWA
    Kiran Payne
    TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
    Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

S3V3R Marshalled at ZED Adventures The Mall (RIP). I build ships (proper ones) and I shoot guns (toy ones). Find out more about S3V3R
    Working...
    X