TM Foliage warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Foliage warrior

So it's nearing midnight and I cant sleep so i thought why dont i make a review of the Foliage warrior seeing as there are very little reviews around.

I woke up this morning to the sound of a knock on my front door, opening the door I was greeted by The usual fed ex courier with a nice looking package (i mean the airsoft gun). After 10 or so minutes of trying to get my dog back in I rushed to my living room to tear open the packaging revealing a sleek, nicely presented black/silver box with the words "1911 custom warrior series" accompanied by the usual Marui related trades and a nice picture of the gun itself.

Upon opening the box I'm welcomed by a Very nice pistol, Uno magazine, cleaning rod, some bb's but suprisingly no instruction manual to my disbelief. Picking up the olive drab pistol (without the magazine) It has a nice weight to it so i swiftly inserted the magazine to see how much difference was made, and in all honesty it's a nice balance unlike other marui pistols where 70% of the weight comes from the magazine alone. (I'l get the exact weights soon).

The Pistol is mainly plastic, VERY good quality plastic! It certainly seems Marui haven't skipped out on quality control anywhere. Metal parts include: 3 hole trigger, Ambi-safety, grip safety, lanyard loop, sights, spring guide rod, hammer, inner barrel, slide catch and the mag catch. Inspecting the outer barrel I came to conclude it is made of plastic but the chrome finish is unbelievable and i was convinced it were metal for quite sometime, once again fantastic quality from marui as expected. Ontop of the Outer barrel "45. ACP" is engraved.

The slide comes back nice and smoothly when pulled and features the same hi-capa trades from the 4.3. The ACU grips are chequered, weighted, very comfortable and great to look at! The ergonomics Are fairly good unless you have small hands; I for one have smaller hands making the magazine release and slide catch quite a stretch to use. The slide safety is easy to reach, having a switch on either side it welcomes left and right handed shooters. The 20mm allows a wide range of lasers or weaponlights to be attatched, it is also made of high quality plastic and I would trust it with anything I owned.

The magazine is the same used in The MEU but is also compatible with standard marui 1911 Mags. With a nice two tone effect magazine of chrome with a black baseplate (the baseplate is attatched via an allen key on the bottom rather than two pins through the side of the mag). It holds 28 bb's, double stacked and has a reasonable weight. Etched On the side is "tokyo marui made in japan".

Stripping the Gun is very simple and can be worked out without a manual for someone who hasn't owned a 1911 before *facepalms* but i wont go into that right now. The novac style sights slip right off, well the front one does but the rear just needs a screw removed then it shall come off.

After all my inspecting of the pistol I proceeded to fill the magazine with gas and the bb's marui lovingly provided; Cracked off a couple of shots and he first things that came to mind: 1)That has a nice kick! 2) thats loud!; It shoots amazingly and with every shot my grin grew and grew! The slide cycles crisply and will eat through around 2 magazines on one fill of gas (one if you shoot quickly).

The Hop-up is adjustable; It's located under the outer barrel and stripping the gun is required but it's stiff so you can be sure that once it's set it isn't budging. Once this was set to my specifications the BB's were flying straight at 15m's creating a grouping of about 6" (i would say it could be better in the hands of a skilled shooter). Shoots around 300fps on abbey ultra with a feather light trigger pull. Of course like other 1911's te gun is single action and must be cocked before it can be fired or for the slide safety to be engaged.

During the shooting I put the warrior up against one of marui's older creations; the tactical-master. Comparison for those familiar with the older gun: The kick on the warrior is roughly 3x harder, The warrior is about twice as loud and the warrior suffers less cool down...I'll still be dual wielding the two together never the less!

All in all for £130 you definitely get what you pay for! If your looking for a high quality, slightly more unique, compact 1911 then this is for you (or the desert warrior which is pretty much the same).

Pros:
    -very nice construction
    -Nice weight distribution throughout the gun
    -(opinion) looks brilliant! unique grips
    -Rail for torch/laser
    -Nice kick
    -accurate
    -Compact yet has the potential to be used as a primary
    -Many many aftermarket parts available
    -Loud and intimidating!
    -Colour cheme makes it good for woodland skirmishers...*

cons:
    -Smaller hand users will have to input more to reach mag release and slide catch
    -Only some people like ACU...
    -*... but the noise levels make it less stealthy

Overall I give it 9/10, Brilliant pistol, recommend to anyone considering purchasing this beauty!

Will add pictures at a later date, add extra information and update if needed.

Well that was my first ever review hope this helps anyone considering buying this bad boy. Time to count some sheep as Midnight is not my time i like to be awake.

Re: TM Foliage warrior

Nice review. Mine arrived this morning as well and already im having to get rid of it without even firing it grrrrrr!!!
    Rik Jones - South Wales Airsoft

Comment

mine:

The black Kimber grips improve it dramatically... also now got a black outer barrel nicked from a hicapa.

Have put purple firefly rubber and nineball tightbore in it - accuracy and range are awesome, as you would expect from a TM
      ZED Adventures

Comment

Swapped the OD slide with a black Hi-capa slide, my god it's beautiful!

Although now it just looks like a Night warrior with acu grips and scaled down a bit.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

omnomnom Find out more about omnomnom
        Working...
        X