HK 3PX4 (PX4 "Custom")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HK 3PX4 (PX4 "Custom")

Shortish review on my new HK 3PX4, a direct clone of the Tokyo Marui PX4.

Firstly mine isnt a new purchase but a trade done on here.

First impressions of this pistol are very good, it is identical to its TM cousin in all but a couple of ways, and having also owned the TM version this is no bad thing.
    The biggest difference on this version over the TM is its metal slide and metal outer barrel, and although it has a very slightly slower recoil speed than the TM it has massivley heavier recoil in general.
    Build wise on the whole its pretty well built, the plastics are solid, if a little shiny for my liking, but with good clear markings and the same 3 sword design fake beretta emblem as the TM, the slide is chunky with good deep id say stamped markings, a non unique serial number can be found on slide, barrel and plate at the front of the lower reciever.

Internaly is well built to a point that i will touch on in a moment, but again is totaly identical to the TM.
    I have seen reviews stating that the 3PX4 has poor range compared to the TM version, i can say once again having used both that in my case that isnt true and that they are just about equal using Propane and .25s

The included magazine is one of a few bad points, very shodily built, both fill valve rubber and the rubber that is found on the securing screw were crushed to the point of leaking quite heavily, when dismantled to repair the two above rubbers i also found the main seal to be pinched and although not leaking i replaced anyway, once repaired the fill valve itself still leaks so may now need a new one that i will look into at a later date.

Another bad point is the hammer, when cocked, caught on the nozzle/cylinder causing it not to fully retract when the slide was in the back position, bad for two reasons 1) the hammer WOULD have eventualy worn through the nozzle, and 2) could have caused damage to the nozzle anyway if slighty misaligned on the slides return forward.
    This was however easily corrected by taking a very small amount off the hammer with a file, it now fully clears the nozzle and has no problems returning at all.

The last bad point for this gun was the saftey/decocker, once cocked if the decocker was used to saftey/decock the hammer the gun once taken off saftey would not fire again either via the trigger itself or by pulling back on the hammer, this could be sorted by giving a very slight pull on the slide however.
    Upon investigation it was a spring on the left hand saftey leaver being misaligned and fouling on part of the lower recievers saftey mechanism, once again dismantling and relocating the spring instantly sorted the problem.

Overall for the price compared to the TM version i am happy to recomend this to anyone who has a decent knowledge of how GBB pistols work but cant quite stretch to the TM itself.

However if you are someone that has little knowledge of GBBs or just wants it to work perfectly out of the box the the TM is a must.

If you want the best of both worlds and have a bit of dosh buy the TM and fit the complete 3PX4 slide as its just a drop on upgrade that realy would finish off the TM perfectly.

Myself knowing what im doing am more than happy with it even with its slight faults.

Some pics

Re: HK 3PX4 (PX4 "Custom&quot

Hello

I've been looking all over the net someone that had the same problem that me, and in my search I've found you. Except for the magazines leak problem I have the two others.

This is a grear replica but after decock the hammer I can't fire again. Please could you tell me more in detail how did you solve this problem?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tisane Find out more about tisane
    Working...
    X