Socom Gear Gemtech Oasis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Socom Gear Gemtech Oasis

Has anyone brought this yet, what's the overall opinion of it as it looks the part but does it perfom well,

Socom Gear Gemtech Oasis

Could this be a match for the MK23?

Anyone? Looking to buy one.

Sent from my ring of fire using Ratatat :s
    sigpic
    Dog Soldiers Airsoft - We hope we give you the shits.

Comment

Re: Socom Gear Gemtech Oasis

It'll no doubt perform much the same as the KJW Ruger Mk1 I suspect. Decent gas consumption and probably quite high FPS on green gas.....and in a shameless sales plug I have a KJW Ruger for sale if ur interested?
      sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

I agree with Hellfish, the original Ruger was a good performer so this should be. I know AI mag did a review of it and I think it was postive and the price is good.

A number of us on the Vietnam Airsoft Forum have done our own covertions to the standard Ruger, this Socom one is a lot less hassel!

The only thing that may improve it is to fit a longer tightbore barrel to the end of the silencer.

Photo of my conversion pre paint job

Comment

Hop up is a nightmare to adjust but once its dialled in it shoots further than the sun. Way too hot on ANY gas though so I sanded my hammer pin down till it was shooting about 340 on propane...

Comment

iNK- could you give more detail into lowering the FPS of these glorious pieces of kit as mine needs lowering to before I take it into the field.

Thanks

Comment

Alias, have you field stripped it yet?

Comment

Flipped the latch on the back of the grip and separated the lower from the upper that's about it tho.

Cheers

Comment

Are you vaguely confident with what you're looking at? In the lower there is the hammer which strikes the magazine valve on the rear of the mag. The hammer moves in an arc. You need to sand down the pin and keep chronoing every 2 mils or so till you get it to the power you want. I just carefully sanded it with normal yellow sandpaper...

Comment

I'll try it on my KJW mk1 first. Cheers

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Battle_Partner65 Find out more about Battle_Partner65
                    Working...
                    X