Maruzen P99c and P99 GBB comparison/mini review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maruzen P99c and P99 GBB comparison/mini review

ok, so theres no good reviews out there as far as I could see of the Maruzen GBB P99 series, so I took out my P99c and P99, and thought I'd give you a quick comparison of the parts and advantages of both. Its my first video review, so be gentle with me, but if theres anything you want covered let me know, I will do my best to help.

KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
    mix'n'match M4
    Maruzen P99

Re: Maruzen P99c and P99 GBB comparison/mini review

Good review buddy, I'm toying with buying one of these at some point as there great looking pistols. Could you do a shooting vid comparing the two, what's the kick like and gas consumption?
    Many thanks, Mark

Comment

easy enough, as its exactly the same for both.

Accuracy is very good out to the sort of ranges where hop normally kicks in. The P99 series doesn't have a great hop, so it won't have the range of a TM for example. groupings I found to be tight out to 20 - 30 ft, so fantastic indoors because of the fast target acquisition and snappy trigger response, but definately not the sort of thing you can buy 12 massive magazines and use as a primary.

Kick is fairly hard, less than a desert eagle, but it still kicks fairly strongly. On the plus side, the grip is incredibly comfy, and naturally brings the barrel down to the aim point.

gas consumption is fairly good, you get just over 2 magazines out of each fill in room temperature, just over one in very cold temps.
      KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
      mix'n'match M4
      Maruzen P99

Comment

Cheers mate, looking for something different from the normal hi-capa's and glocks, sigs etc. Are holsters etc easy to come by and spare mags?
        Mark

Comment

magazines can be hard to find or very easy depending on whether another run has been made recently, obviously I can't give you the name of sites here on Zeroin, but the HK sites are usually a good place to start, and I noticed another UK retailer stocking the NBB version and its mags recently, so I'd say theyre a good place toget a bit of support if you catch my drift.

As for holsters, the real steel and the GBB are almost exactly the same size, the GBB will fit any real steel holster I'v tried it in (personally I can confirm they fit a Fobus or a Safariland) although you may find the slide stays back by about half a centimeter when in the holster (I believe because the recoil springs are much weaker than on the real pistol). easiest way to remedy this is to put the pistol in the holster with your thumb over the back of the pistol (where the cocking indicator is), that way it will be flush with the lower reciever. holsters are as a result fairly easy to get a hold of from all good suppliers

as for sourcing either, shameless plug here, but I'm selling up my full size P99 GBB, to fud the smaller magazines for the compact, I reckon I might as well take advantage of the grip size through the small ones, so I'm selling my pistol, holster and a ton of mags etc ...
          KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
          mix'n'match M4
          Maruzen P99

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

andysmith Find out more about andysmith
          Working...
          X