[Request] JG Aug A3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Request] JG Aug A3

Looking to into getting one of these, anyone got/had one and have any input? Anything that is a necessity to change from stock? How to improve Range/Accuracy from stock?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris.

Re: [Request] JG Aug A3

There are tons of reviews out there, google will help you, just search for JG aug review, read a fair few myself. All you really need to replace are the stock plastic 6mm bushings and get a metal 'feed nipple' as the plastic ones can wear down and caus feeding issues later on. ON how to improve range on accuracy, its pretty much the same as any other gun: Consistency (air seal), hop-up (rubber and nub), barrel (tightbore), heavier bb's

Comment

I have already read up some on the net, but most of what I'm seeing is at least about a year old. Wondering if anyone has any up to date info on what i can be expecting out of it. Thanks all the same.

Comment

Not a review as such, but the mag wobble onthe one i used was horrific. Often caused feeding issues, but when it worked it was nothing short of epic (for the price tag) A bit too front heavy however, about 4kg up front!
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Just got hold of one of these myself. Feels very solid but is definitely heavy up front. Could really do with a slight spring downgrade and a nice fast motor. The battery compartment is small, only big enough for a mini type or lipo battery. Great gun though,cant wait to do mine up
          sigpic

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and scream and shout!

Comment

Try to source a jg one rather than an asg version ! Plastic is very thin/brittle on asg ,also post 2008 jg models had mosfets fitted . Both retail at same price . Asg model is basically a cheaper qaulity jg , both use the same gearbox etc ,only bonus on asg is that most of them come with trades on them, but not all do .v solid built gun with no creaks or wobbles , but usually firing hot out of the box

Comment

Got a few bits ready to do the A3 up, 6.03 tb barrel,G&P metal hop unit and rubber/nub, Systema turbo motor,M100 spring,battery sling and a couple of 9.6v 3300 batteries. I'll let you know how it goes
              sigpic

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and scream and shout!

Comment

I got the gearbox out of the A3 today and it turns out its not the version with the bearing bushes and gears (gutted!) but it does have the mosfet.I fitted the new barrel (Vanaras 6.03)and hop (G&P metal) and accuracy and range improved straight away.Unfortunately I probably should have done some before and after comparisons but never mind.Then I fitted the Systema turbo motor just to see what it was like and without a doubt the rate of fire is very rapid but once the mosfet started smoking I figured it was a little too much .I re-fitted the jg motor and ran the 9.6v 3300 battery through it and the rate of fire was very good but obviously not as full on as with the Systema Turbo. The mosfet is still getting a little hot but at least its stopped smoking! Not sure if anyone knows how hot these can get and still be ok,if at all,so please let me know.
                Ive decided to get some bearing bushes and few other bits before fitting the M100 spring. The shimming is something that definitely needs looking at,the gears are rattling around in there quite badly.
                I'll keep you updated as it develops.
                sigpic

Comment

The standard wiring probably won't cope with the extra ampage . MOSFET is a very basic one and easily replaceable if needed

Comment

what would you recommend?
                    sigpic

Comment

Am doing my homework at mo on this to find a wired in MOSFET . At the moment I am using a burst wizard plug an play one . My gun is a tm phantom have just fitted a guarder piston set and hop ,g&g hardened gear set and a 35c 7.4 lipo am running a tm 700 motor and rate of fire and accuracy/range is v good . Classic army have the better wiring in them a techies fitted one in for. Me and so far all is trouble free .
                      On tm loom it ran v warm and rate of fire was noticeably slower. Hope this helps you

Comment

Well i opened up the gearbox again today to sort out the shimming.There were only two shims in there and i ended up fitting seven so its nice and smooth now.The plastic bushes just fell out of the casings when i picked them up so in went the metal bushes.All the Chinese 'earwax' was cleaned out and Abbey gun grease was used.The only problems i had were trying to fit a HurricanE FTK. The cylinder wouldn't fit into the casings and also the HurricanE cylinder head was a very loose fit even with ptfe tape.So after 45 minutes of trying to get the casing back together i put the JG parts back in all cleaned and relubed. I made the school boy error of leaving the bearing spring guide in so now the gun is running hot to say the least.So i'll probably have it open again by the end of the weekend to try and sort it out.
                        sigpic

Comment

Have just replaced my gearset with the g&g hardened ones fit much better than the tm ones ever did , the meshing is now as close as it will ever be .also lubed the g box with frog lube and it is so quiet and smooth now am gonna have to do the rest of my guns with this stuff ,,, amazing gear !!!

Comment

Hi Baz, did you have any luck sourcing a decent mosfet? I've been trying to get hold of a CA wiring kit but I cant find any in the UK as I really want to get the turbo motor back in the gun.
                            sigpic

Comment

Finally got the CA wiring kit from HK and put it in with the Systema Turbo motor. The wiring is a much better quality and isn't cooking itself every time i pull the trigger now. Cant wait for the next skirmish to let this stretch its legs, the rate of fire and accuracy are spot on now.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chris_eleventy_two Find out more about Chris_eleventy_two
                              Working...
                              X