Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ics l85

Ics L85 review

Opening the box you get the gun and two 450 round mags a brochure and a cd, all held in to place by a maroon moulding which had the moulding to hold the lsw so maybe ICS are going to do an l86 as well. The gun itís self is nice and weighty but well balanced. The only concern I had when ordering was that there where some complaints about the for grip being too wide, as it holds the large 8.4v battery but it seems no wider than my old army r85 for grip.

To strip the gun there are two push pins that need to be removed, the but plate comes off and the two halfís pull apart

Once inside the gun, there is a distinct lack of wiring, the only wiring to the mechbox is to the motor all the rest is nicely tucked away.
    The mechbox is removed by removing the motor wiring and gently sliding the box towards the rear of the gun

With the mechbox removed you can see the variable power setting, there are 3; high med and low. It is adjusted by pushing the spring guide in to the box and removing the retaining pin. All the bearing are metal bush type and seems nicely shimmed.

The spring can also be removed too

the hop is adjusted in the same way as the army version, through the ejection cover but the hop is supposed to be an all new design which has come kind of retaining mechanism to it which stops the hop winding itís self off (like the m4ís do)

When fired it sound nice and smooth, with a good rate of fire and a decent trigger response, unfortunately I have no idea what the fps out of the box is simply because I donít have a chrono but I will let you know.

In overall I would say that it is well worth the extra cost over the army / G&G version and just seems to be put together so much better!

Paul.
    WANTED
    Mid cap mp5 mags
    s-arms m4 mags
    motorola & kenwood commercial radios

Re: ics l85

Have you skirmished with it yet?

Comment

yes, and it is now fireing at 346 +/-4 fps
      WANTED
      Mid cap mp5 mags
      s-arms m4 mags
      motorola & kenwood commercial radios

Comment

Hey Wires,

I bought the ICS l85 too but i can't seem to find any info on what fps the different spring settings fire at. I've changed my stock 120 spring for a 100 just to make sure its under the 350 limit as i dont have a chrono either but any info on what the 120 spring does would be very helpful

Comment

I must admit I love all these hot weapons on the mainland, I was under the impression that it was not allowed to have a weapon firing over 328, I know that is the case here across the water.

Anyways, I got an ICS L85A2 stuck a Star SUSAT on it and I must admit I have never had a better airsoft gun before, I have tried many airsoft guns over time, I have tried 3 variations in makes of the SA80, Star, AA and now ICS, I would genuinely say that ICS really have hit he nail on the head with the ICS L85A2, the build quality is imaculate, the gun is so easy to work with, so simple to operate, and has got great range and accuracy for an assault rifle. A1 weapon and I would strongly advise anyone thinking of getting an L85 for the standard weapon to get the ICS, However, at the moment ICS has not released a UGL for it and therefore we will have to wait for that, however I believe they will be advancing the series by creating the L85 carbine as well soon based on the new Instruction manual which details the L86, L85A2 and L85 Carbine.

Anyways, ye ICS L85A2 is an ace piece of kit for Brit Kit fanatics!
          Foxtrot 58 Northern Ireland's premiere airsoft site
          Co. Antrim

Comment

Dazzle i don't suppose you know what fps the ics one does on the 3 different spring settings do you?

Comment

genuinely I have no idea, I was just reading up on it last night, but the instructions tell you precious little of it, I was hoping it would be easy to research too but it would seem it is not something many people have thought about as yet, I guess when it comes down to it, users of the ICS L85A2 are generally happy with it, as an airsoft gun it is fantastic never mind as an SA80. I guess the major concern for ICS now has to be getting that UGL made for it.
              Foxtrot 58 Northern Ireland's premiere airsoft site
              Co. Antrim

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wires Find out more about wires
              Working...
              X