Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KTW Winchester (Review Wanted)

Hi,

If anyone has a review on this gun, basics like the FPS, Range (Not EST but real figures) and genral pros and cons.

Thanks.

Re: KTW Winchester (Review Wanted)

I got the KTw randall. Its got accurate range for man sized targets to sixty feet. A bit of arc to you aim and you get more range. I use it as a back up, its fun to cock the action and shoot. The trigger pull is pretty hard, and not exactly svelte, but still usable.
    On mine, after you take out the mag, a bb stays in the gun and rattles about. But ive worked out how to get it out easy enough.
    It feels nice and heavy, and the faux wood is convincing. You could hang it on an antique firearm rack and it wouldnt look out of place.
    If you like the style its worth getting.

Comment

I owned one for a while, as well as. Marushin.

The KTW is supplied with two tube magazines that fit in the tube below the barrel. Each holds abput 45 bb.
      Power was reasonable as about 290fps.
      Cocking is quite hard and I'd suggest gloves as it can be a bit hard on the knuckles.
      Hop is adjustable though awkward to get at. You have to undo the foregrip ring.
      Firing was noisy due to a twangy spring. (remedied with liberal coating of grease)
      Accuracy was actually rather good with range out to average aeg levels.
      Plus point is that it fires like an air rifle, in that you cock the gun to compress the spring, when you fire, the spring is released. Makes for a crisp shot release unlike most aegs.
      Internals are mostly plastic so upgrades come with risks. There is little that could be done other than put in a beefier spring and that would stress the trigger assembly.
      Finish is good and durable, unlike the Marushin which was stunning but very easily blemished.
      I kind of regret selling it, but was worth it to get my Shorty 40 back.

Comment

I found the rear sight (die cast metal of some kind) on mine to be a bit weak.
        I carry it in a shotgun scabbard, and at some point either getting it out, or putting it back, the rear sight leaf pivot broke and the leaf came off.
        I replaced what was left of the sight with a simple notch-type I made, and it's been fine ever since.

There have been suggestions that upgrades would be easy as the spring is a standard AEG spring. That's not the case. I'm not sure exactly what type it is, but it's too long and narrow to be a "standard AEG spring".

Comment

i have both the randall and the 30/30 and the randall if using .25 is very good over 120ft range if u want more range than that use .20 in it but u will lose the acciray the 30/30 is fantastic on .25 there also a hop on it to get the best range out of it i would say use .28 and play a little with hop
          ptw m4 ris,ptw m4cqb ris,ptw mp5a4,preditor extreme,p90 tr,type 89,ics mp5a4.ics m4para 2006,ics m4 cqb,shottie, 2 1911 we hi capas, p99 nbb,hi capa two tone,meu socom gear special edition,tm 5-7

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Orion1 Find out more about Orion1
          Working...
          X