Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CYMA M14 Any Good?

Hey

Ive been offered a CYMA M14 for £120 Should be standard and i can build aegs like anything, ive just neva bought anything chinese.

Sure theres plenty of upgrade, just want some oppinions before i go ahead with the deal.

Cheers

Re: CYMA M14 Any Good?

They aren't bad. Not as good out of the box as their TM cousins.

Simply drop a TM M14 hop unit + rubber in there and it is practically the same as the TM standard!
    Probably the best stock hop unit to date!
    sigpic

Comment

I've owned a Cyma 14 before and it outranged all my previous rather expensive guns I'd owned including my TM. M4 sopmod..
      You can't go wrong with an M14.., so long as its not Kart.
      Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
      Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
      Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
      Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

I've not tried the M14, but I seriously want cyma hop rubbers to be readily available because I would buy one for all of my guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Trigger View Post
          I've owned a Cyma 14 before and it outranged all my previous rather expensive guns I'd owned ..
          You can't go wrong with an M14.., so long as its not Kart.
          i have owned 3 cyma m14s and i totally agree with the above statement
          AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
            I've not tried the M14, but I seriously want cyma hop rubbers to be readily available because I would buy one for all of my guns.
            They are the best out there! Invincible and hoppy
            King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
            https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
              They are the best out there! Invincible and hoppy
              Really? I had one a while ago- it wasn't much of a performer compared to others... Then again a lot of the rifles at my woodland site are rather highly tuned!
              sigpic

Comment

I have one right here waiting to be LiPotized. It shoots decent as it is, and the internals are quite pleasant to see and work with.

Comment

as i remember they CYMA, and G&P are direct TM copys, this means that parts are easier to get and mags are deffanty easier, to get G&G/Classic army mags is a pain in the a&& were as the TM and copys are easy.. the internals are also alot easier to work on. tbh i would not diff a CYMA m14, as it is basiclly a direct copy

( i would double check this btw, but im sure that TM copys are G&P / CYMA and different ones are G&G and CA - either way you don't want the different ones you want the direct TM clone)

Comment

buy one new.... £160 gets you the full length or the socom and a years warranty!

Comment

I sold a full length cyma M14 on here about 7 months ago. Put it up for £120 I think with 6 mags, Eotech, and battery I think.
                      Was gobbled up within minutes of listing...
                      Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
                      Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
                      Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
                      Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

DO IT MAN, theyre good guns and all they really need is a bearing spring guide, m120 spring, high torque motor and your ready to go.

Comment

Having had 2 second hand off here and 2 brand new gear boxes I will say they are so so. Yes much cheaper than the TM and the finish on them is nice. Internally the gears are really strong and the solid bushing will probably take quite a beating as well before needing replacing. The top end is very basic, but thats what you expect from a clone right? The motors never sound nice although I am still using one in my Garand atm and it still does its job (although its locked to single shot). I will say be carefull though on the gearbox casings. I have had 2 out of my 4 CYMA ones (including one boxed brand new from Hong Kong) which had the bushing spin round in the hole nearest the motor. I tried tapping in the biggest oversized 6mm bushings I know. (prometheus) And they just flopped out. Mags are cheap, and plentiful in different brands and sizes (mid caps, highcaps, short style mags etc) Barrel is pretty long and the hop units work a treat. Although talking of barrels you will have to buy an M14 specific inner barrel if you want to upgrade. As standard "AEG" inner barrels will not fit. Gearbox is really easy to work on too!

Comment

Just ordered the cyma ebr, will post up some info when she arrives.

Comment

Well the ebr finally arrived from hongkong, came with a free 8.4v crane stock battery,will use as a spare as im running it on a 7.4v stock tube lipo. Build quality seems pretty sturdy. The thing is pretty damn heavy!

Nice detail markings on the ris, charging handle works with a solid clack! So asthetics are spot on.
                              Out of the box the pistol grip was pretty loose, so replaced the screw holding it to the body with a decent (not cheap pot metal) screw and its firmly in place now. The crane stock also had too much play in it, so ran some insulating tape down the inside of it to illiminate the wobble. Job done!

Trigger pull is really short and crisp response on a 7.4 lipo, .25s are flying pretty straight and the hop has minute adjustment and can be worked with the mag in so nice and easy to get set up and dialed in. its ranging about the same as my ics m4 with 350 fps so im guessing it will be putting out the same kinda power when I get to a chrono.

Only real negative on the gun is that when it arrived it was misfeeding due to the hop unit not being installed flush to the feeding nozzle, so had to open her up straight away to fix this, but it was simple enough as no parts were damaged, just needed lining up right!

Got a fab defence clone t pod 2 installed and a flippin overpowered scope so ready to skirmish! My arms are gonna ache I think! Ive put a pic up in the m14 ebr thread!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Darkmike Find out more about Darkmike
                              Working...
                              X