Tm uzi request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tm uzi request

Hi, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these. Not bothered about an in depth review, just some ideas on range, accuracy, reliability etc.. Also, looking to use it for woodland from time to time. Do you guys think a tightbore and hop unit will be enough?
    Cheers in advance,
    Chris

Horrible gearbox. Not reliable.

Generic Tapatalk Signature.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Re: Tm uzi request

as above has its own gearbox which is made of chocolate and the barrel is about as long as an ants dick so not much good really. its more of a wall hanger/ collecters piece.

Comment

I've heard it has plastic gears (may or may not be true) everything about the gun is unique, if you break a bit then you're screwed, it looks cool and aparently has the performance of an aep

Comment

curious about the size of the gearbox on one.... anyone know what sorta dimensions it is
          Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

the gearbox is interesting as the uzi has a bolt that rides ontop of the barrel the airsoft one has a barrel that runs inside the piston area, but unreliable weapon, if the gearbox doesnt give out the trigger will, i know my trigger bar snapped
            trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Originally posted by TastySniper View Post
              Hi, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these. Not bothered about an in depth review, just some ideas on range, accuracy, reliability etc.. Also, looking to use it for woodland from time to time. Do you guys think a tightbore and hop unit will be enough?
              Cheers in advance,
              Chris
              Woodland combat will be a struggle for the UZI. However, its perfectly doable if you are a player who is, say, already well versed in using a shotgun in woodland. Ultimately, you just have to learn to get closer to the enemy.

A tighbore and hop-up unit upgrade won't be of much benefit, infact I'd wager it'd be a veritable downgrade. This isn't just me being a major TM fan boy about it all (although I admit I am). But, put simply, for the power which the TM Uzi is running at i.e. 250FPS, Tokyo Marui most definetly make the best hopup rubbers and nubs. And as for a tightbore, yes, it could potentially help, but I'm not sure that the minimal potential for improvement is warranted when you consider the hassle to install it - and the inherent potential to cock something upon reassembly.

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
              Horrible gearbox. Not reliable.
              Horrible gearbox, yes. Not reliable, no. TM Uzi's do actually keep chugging very nicely - its mostly when peeps start upgrading them that problems occur.

Originally posted by W0lf View Post
              as above has its own gearbox which is made of chocolate and the barrel is about as long as an ants dick so not much good really. its more of a wall hanger/ collecters piece.
              Well, the inner barrel is greater than or pretty much equal to all of the following, so I fail to see how thats the issue of using it in woodland, since I've seen all of the rest used at least once in a woodland environment:

MP5K, MP5-PDW, MP7A1, UMP, G3 SAS, MP5A4, MP5A5, AK-47 Beta Spetsnaz, MP40, G36C, P90, CAR-15, SIG 552

Originally posted by I'mhitalready View Post
              I've heard it has plastic gears (may or may not be true) everything about the gun is unique, if you break a bit then you're screwed, it looks cool and aparently has the performance of an aep
              Well, plastic gears - no. Plastic gearbox shell is what your thinking of mate. The vast majority is indeed unique, only a small percentage of parts are going to be sourceable. I wouldn't agree that it has the performance of an AEP, I feel thats misleading since the stock AEPs I have used have had pretty poor ROF whereas the one redeeming feature of the TM UZI is that its stock ROF on an 8.4v stick is really very good - mostly thanks to its use of an EG1000R motor.

Originally posted by bob86 View Post
              curious about the size of the gearbox on one.... anyone know what sorta dimensions it is
              Gearbox dimensions are roughly about 250mm - 300mm x 60mm x 40mm. Haven't held one since I sold my last one a few months back, so a tiny bit unsure of the exact length.

Originally posted by ste887 View Post
              the gearbox is interesting as the uzi has a bolt that rides ontop of the barrel the airsoft one has a barrel that runs inside the piston area, but unreliable weapon, if the gearbox doesnt give out the trigger will, i know my trigger bar snapped
              The trigger area is indeed an area for concern - although I have personally not had any such issues with the 3 I have owned. The closest I came to a malfunction in the lower area of one of my Uzi's was that my magazine catch broke. Ultimately I managed to fix it.

Comment

@kenworth the triggerbar on mine snapped off when the gripsafety failed to disengage
                trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Spares are not realy available for it but left alone lasts well . Best route around the trigger bar is to disable it.

Comment

As these are really hard to get anyway and i would probably only use one twice a year tops at themed events i went and ordered a WELL cheapsoft one with two magazines for about £80 off the net.

For £80 if it works two or three events and then spends life as a photoshoot prop I dont mind that much but if i'd spent £200 on a TM one and its a bit dodgy I'd be gutted.

If you like I can give you my opinion on it when it arrives?

I'm only really buying mine for an 80s West German army loadout for Airsoft Action but after a bit of study found out its good for quite a few historical impressions.

Comment

My buddy Bill has had one that's been going for YEARS... Don't open it up and let the magic out and it'll be fine. As for performance, well, are you really going to want to be using an UZI at more than about 20 feet?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TastySniper Just another easy going airsofter Find out more about TastySniper
                      Working...
                      X