Review of the G&G CM16 Gas Blowback gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Review of the G&G CM16 Gas Blowback gun

Cool, looks like I will definitely get the high power bolt, as I am putting the gbb bits of the gun into my toptech 416.
    This should be fun
    "They've got us surrounded again the poor bastards"
    sigpic

Comment

Definitely want to see this in stock form. Pics please!
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by Chas View Post
        Cool, looks like I will definitely get the high power bolt, as I am putting the gbb bits of the gun into my toptech 416.
        This should be fun
        You know you can buy the box separately right? No need to buy the whole gun

**insert witty remark**

Comment

Yea I know but a buddy of mine is looking to get into air soft and I want to swap over the internals.
          I got the gun today and all 4 mags I got work fine even in cold weather.
          I'll get some pics up soon
          The recoil is also more than I expected, less than the WE gbbrs but not much, and cool down is impressive as is rate of fire and sound. I think putting a big silencer on it, as I think it sounds a lot like real steel silenced .22s I have used
          sigpic

Comment

By the way, I do not believe that this is exactly the same as the ghk one, I know they used it as a base, but I think g&g have installed a heavier bolt and a couple extra bits, because the recoil is far more on this than ghk boxes I have seen.
            Might just be because its in a polymer frame gun though
            sigpic

Comment

Hey good review, pretty much sums up my thoughts on this gun.

Bought mine a couple of months ago and have skirmished with it a few times at different sites and it performs faultlessly. I use excel .23g's usually but also had to use .20g bio BB's at the most recent site. No problems with either. I run it on propane and have been getting between 310 and 330 fps in this cold weather we are having.

I did a little video review not long after I bought it which can be viewed here:

http://youtu.be/5cP1KR8EwCI

Although since I made this video I have encountered a little niggle with the mags, the BB feeding nozzle is somewhat fragile. The first one I broke was at The Courthouse in Bristol and dropped a mag due to extreme operator tactics and it's pretty fudged as you can see:

(Sorry if the pic is massive)

The other magazine that I've had break, I have no explanation for. The little nub that holds the BB's in the feeder tube has simply buggered off.

For the moment though I'll put this down to bad luck on my part as overall, I am extremely happy with this gun. I can even vouch as to how robust it is, as last week it broke my fall when I was running full speed and slipped on loose stone chippings. Basically the poor thing bore the full brunt of my clumsiness and shrugged it off like it wasn't even a thing.

Also, sods law dictates that there was someone running behind me with a headcam on:

http://youtu.be/F-vIu_MptJs

Comment

Hey guys, have been looking at these with great interest lately.

What is like to know, is what are they like for upgrades? As far as I know there are two design routes, WE and WA. Do these follow the same design? Such as body parts, receivers, bolts, sears etc etc.

Also, do they work with any other gas magazines?

And finally, the only video I could find, it appeared to be a closed bolt gun, with no moving bolt that locked back. How true is this, as one of the big things I'd like from a gas rifle is the whole working system, as is use it for milsimming.

Comment

Upgrades? Nope. Some spare parts? Yes (from a well known HK retailer). Compatibility is OEM only magazines (GHK)

Comment

You can actually get high flow valves for them.
                    sigpic

Comment

They also take any other standard aeg parts, apart from the hop unit, mag and gb.
                      sigpic

Comment

where can i get extra mags for this gun at?

Comment

Zero one sells them
                          sigpic

Comment

when I read reviews like this it makes me mad my local site won't allow GBB rifles! Great review and would have one if my local would allow their use.

Comment

It's ridiculous to put a restriction on gbb rifles, it's like GZW not allowing propane.
                              sigpic

Comment

Co2 isn't allowed either

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                                X