FAMAS request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAMAS request

Hi guys and gals, looking at getting a famas - either ACM or Marui and was wondering what people thought of them.
    Would either be suitable for both cqb and woodland?
    cheers,
    Chris

Re: FAMAS request

go for the TM version, creaky but strong.... there isnt to many products that work with them though... hard to get the ris rail attachement for scopes etc
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

also hard to come by mags, as ive only ever seen tm ones stocked.
      i always wanted a famas to re live my metal gear solid days as a kid, but was always put off by other peoples views like "really old design" "tm's first gun, not on par now" ect

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I've always loved the Famas, I've got both Types, In Tm and JP, (metal gearbox version) did have the cybergun too, but thought ,ok, but not as good as the others, (all Famas mags are compatible) the JP Famas, is, I believe, no longer available, but i'd recommend a Famas to anyone, bloody great guns, (and that's coming from a TM recoil devotee)
        "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Ive got a Cybergun version which I bought 2nd/3rd hand.
          Its got a good range on it for woodland, a great ROF for use as a support weapon, is nice and compact to throw it around for CQB and Ive modded mine to accept M4 mags, as well as modifying a handful of M4 mags to fit it.
          I found that the TM top sight rail is WAY too heavy and adds far too much weight to what is already a rather solid/weighty gun ( for an all plastic bodied gun), but buy some multi fit rails ( available from a well known auction site for @ a tenner) and the long one will fit the base of the front of the gun/battery compartment and the two smaller ones will happily fit and not look out of place on the front sides of the sight/carry handle. Alternatively if you want to add a torch/laser just use a universal barrel mount.
          Theres a couple of pics of mine in the Famas post in gun pictures but they are pretty crap ones, if I get a chance I'll see if I can get some better ones done.
          Which ever version you buy, Im sure that you will be more than happy with it
          Originally Posted by PureSilver
          "Complaining that it's shit because it's more complicated and less reliable than an AEG is like complaining that sex is shit because it's much messier than masturbating into a sock."

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TastySniper Just another easy going airsofter Find out more about TastySniper
          Working...
          X