the new S&T Tar 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the new S&T Tar 21

is there any reviews for this gun yet? also what are S&T guns like in general?
    Dead or alive....your coming with me

Re: the new S&T Tar 21

there not sapose to be any good ... been told there very cheap knock offs

Comment

S&T made one ages ago before the ARES and it was a total fail. Not sure if these new ones are much better.

Comment

there are reviews on youtube. Gearbox is polycarbonate which doesn't seem too "end of the world" as some people think. Casing is supposed to be really cheap quality. Essentially its performance matches its price point. Entry-level AEG.

Comment

I've got one, review and photos on its way soon!
          WE M4 OB - GHK AKM - KWA MP7A1 GBB - G&G M4 16" Noveske Custom - Asia Electric M4 14.5" Larue Custom - S&T Tavor 21 - CA/G&P AK47 PMC - WE G19 - KJW G27

Comment

Ive also got one seems fine good rate of fire and range yes more plastic than Ares but not £550

Comment

Firstly, I've never been near the ares version so I cannot compare them.

I got it delivered from a hong kong based retailer (pm for details) for about £160.00. It took about 2 weeks for shipping + customs etc.

Shipping and packaging:
              Shipping was quick, however the retailer forgot to include the correct cost documents for the customs charges, so that took a bit of sorting.
              Packaging was a bit poor, it was egg carton style fixings with a very small amount of bubble wrap. There was one layer of cardboard protecting the inner package.

Quality:
              The polymer body is actually, not too bad. The only issue I can see is that it is a little too shinny. There are no creaks or wobble. The gearbox on mine appears to be metal, I only checked after I saw another advertised as 'metal gearbox version'
              One point to make, the top ris rail moved very slightly forwards when I attached an acog. I fixed this by removing the top part and placing a washer around it, it seems to have sured it up. The rail feels solid now.

The hi-cap mag that came with it was rubbish, wouldn't work at all and is at the bottom of my bin now.

The bolt release also acts as a spring release.

Shooting:
              Now to the good part. The range on this thing is amazing, it sends 0.2's far further then any of my other aeg's. It easily out rangers my G&G top spec with tight bore and a++ hop. Rate of fire is also high with good grouping.

I have been using MAG M4 mid caps with no problems. All the high caps I have owned (apart from the supplied s&t one) have worked fine. King arms mid caps have been hit and miss.

*when mine first arrived it was shooting 390fps after being advertised as 330fps. However it has a quick change spring system that was very quick, it uses a short style spring, it's at 340 now, think its an m90 I put in, however I cannot be sure.

Skirmish:
              I have used it twice now. The mag changes took a bit of getting used to as with any bullpup rifle. The size and lightness of the tar is what attracted me in the first place.
              Overall I'm really impressed with the set up of the rifle and as I said, the range is amazing.

Points to note:
              I fitted an MOE plastic ris to the right charging handle slot, and I'm trying to fit one to the hand guard to attach a vertical grip.
              The QR sling mount is crap, can't fit mine in, I had to thread a bit of para cord through and attach a single point sling.

Hope this helps, pictures to follow!
              WE M4 OB - GHK AKM - KWA MP7A1 GBB - G&G M4 16" Noveske Custom - Asia Electric M4 14.5" Larue Custom - S&T Tavor 21 - CA/G&P AK47 PMC - WE G19 - KJW G27

Comment

Pictures as promised
                tar 21 2 edit.jpgtar 21 edit.jpg

Comment

From the pictures I'd doesn't seem to be as detailed as the ares but if the range is as good as you say and it has survived 2 skirmishes (more than an ares chocolate box would) then sounds like a top buy. Might get 1

Comment

oooh thanks for that big review... this is very tempting now, good performance for cheap = almost certain buy!! :P
                    Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

god84 Find out more about god84
                    Working...
                    X