Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first go at making my own CQB gun

Hi Folks,

Interested in some feedback on my first attempt, wanted an M4 CQB so built the following. Let me know what you think.

Cheers ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356353967.415658.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1356353979.245895.jpg

Re: My first go at making my own CQB gun

looks good mate practical aswell you got a list of internals? and performance report?

Comment

Cheers mate,

Internally, receiver is stock (going to put in a ultimate hop-up and bucking when they arrive)

DD 4" RAS came with a 153mm 6.03 TBB.
      Going to run it on 7.4 lipos too see how it performs.

Once the above parts arrive I will stick some performance comments up.

Main driver behind the project was I want to do some CQB next year and wanted to go for something that was practical and didn't mean a change to my chest rig and Loadout too much. As my main skirmishing gun (pic below) I thought might be too long for room clearing etc.
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356357120.234176.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by KBoy76 View Post
        Cheers mate,

Internally, receiver is stock (going to put in a ultimate hop-up and bucking when they arrive)

DD 4" RAS came with a 153mm 6.03 TBB.
        Going to run it on 7.4 lipos too see how it performs.

Once the above parts arrive I will stick some performance comments up.

Main driver behind the project was I want to do some CQB next year and wanted to go for something that was practical and didn't mean a change to my chest rig and Loadout too much. As my main skirmishing gun (pic below) I thought might be too long for room clearing etc.
        [ATTACH]74214[/ATTACH]
        CQB Looks not too bad. Have you considered ditching the grip and putting a magwell grip on? I wouls also stick with the aim point or go iron sights (most eotech clones are non holographic).

I'm currently using an M16 GBB for room clearence with pistol back up.

Depending on where you are playing CQB (i.e. semi only) Id consider an 11.1v lipo to get trigger response as snappy as possibly. You don't want high ROF just a fast initial round or double tap.

Comment

Looking good dude, i am about to start my own build too but instead of using a donor gun im buying each and every part.

Comment

Was considering 11.1, (have 11.1 in my sentry) but was concerned without an ASCU it might kill the internals in some way. Plus going to 11.1 would mean a larger stock to accommodate the battery room wouldn't it? (Assuming I need an ASCU, space for that too?)

Had thought about a mag grip, like the feel of the stubby (guess its a personal thing ;-))

Comment

Same here re: donor gun, all the parts to make this we're from new. Ordered the receiver with everything in it (with the exception of no hop-up or bucking) :-)

Comment

Btw sorry forgot to say - thanks for the comments re: eotech vs aimpoint, think you've made my mind up which :-)

Comment

You don't *need* a mosfet type device, but its better to if you can. The main effect is increased trigger unit wear, but its not like its 3 shots then bang, they o take a fair while to degrade

Comment

Well all of it is brand new, so no chance of that happening anytime soon :-)

Stock wise, think I will need a bigger one for 11.1, but can always swap mine other stick off my sentry that has the space and capacity :-)

Comment

I frikkin love it... but i would say that as i have built one similar, and for the same reasons as you.

Great minds think alike... and so do we!

Comment

Cheers mate, love my sentry that much my CQB had to be a mini version of it ;-)

Looked at other options of small M4's, but none of them had the look I wanted, so decided t have a go myself! :-)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KBoy76 Find out more about KBoy76
                        Working...
                        X