X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P SR15 URX (Medium) GP736 Review

Where did I get it?

************.co.uk Who offer an 18 month warranty

I also brought a 2200mah 8.4v crane battery to go with it, the stock is fairly roomy inside and would take a 9.6 no problem. Given the space inside the stock not being your typical two tubes arrangement of a crane you can stick ordinary mini's in

The box:

Sturdy brown card weapon wrapped in bubble wrap quite extensively to protect from any scratches etc. What can I say functional.

Spec: copied from ********:

Magazine Capacity: 130
    Length: 900mm
    Weight: 4400g
    Built Material: Metal & ABS
    Inner Barrel Length: 16"
    Muzzle Velocity: 360fps
    Gearbox: 8mm Bearing Gearbox
    Motor: G&P M120 Hi-Speed
    Battery: Advised using 8.4v Battery (Not Included) Can take 2200mAh crane stock (mini connector) or 1500mAh crane/mini batteries.

Included:
    -SR15 URX Front Set (GP787)
    -SR15 URX E3 Metal Body (B Type) (GP702B)
    -M16 Magazine (130rds) (GP094)
    -SPR Grip with Heat Sink End Set (Black) (GP330)
    -Marine Battery Stock (Black) (GP774B)
    -M4 Extension Scope Mount Base A (Sniper Version) (GP661A)
    -M-1 Scope 3.5-10x40mm & Scope Mount
    -RIS Grip (Black) (GP033)
    -RIS Rail Cover (Black) x 2 (GP032B)
    -Manual

First impressions:

Good to get all the accessories (scope etc) and a mid-cap included finish on the gun and parts is top notch quality non shiny black finish nice trades too. (note part of the trades on the front end were blacked out with marker pen). Also note that it is only marked for "SAFE" and "FIRE" although it does fire full auto but the selector position is unmarked.

The ejection port cover does not close as it's the one off the WOC which has a "proper" blow back bolt, on this the "bolt" is just a cover for the hop adjustment. I happen to like this feature as on the real steel M4 the port cover is open when the weapon is in use so in my opinion the fake bolt looks more realistic than running about shooting an M4 with the port cover closed.

The front fore grip quality however, very disappointing my JG fore grip looks better quality :blink: Going to change it for a Magpul angled one anyway.

First few shots, wow 8.4v firing around 1100 rpm is fantastic and the muzzle report is quiet enough to have surprised a few people.

Skirmish Report:

Ok out for proper testing set the hop and scope using three 12" square targets two at 30 paces and one at 40 paces. Accuracy was very good hitting these chest sized targets with ease. Both on semi and auto bursts (auto gave a surprisingly even stream). I was using 0.25 BB's although 0.2's were fine there was very little hop moment between off and over hop-ed the 0.25's gave more scope for adjustment, handy as having to hold back the charging handle while adjusting makes it a fiddle.

In game I was constantly impressed by the performance although very quickly the 4.4kg+battery became quite apparent (man it feels heavy).

Overall:
    The weapon is a fantastic the trademarks are great the feel the stoner is awesome (heavy but sturdy and balanced).

Worth noting:

The hex head screws on the front end and the stock screw will probably need tightened up a little.

The battery 4 hex head screws to remove the battery from the stock! Takes time and is a fiddle as the bits they screw into are not part of the stock so first thing I did was super glue the little nut things in place to make the battery swap quicker and easier (less little bits to lose).

The trade that has marker over it takes a little Acetone Free nail varnish remover on a cotton bud to remove the marker. (Important to use the Acetone Free stuff to not damage the paint or trade mark).

It was giving 370fps out the box with hop but ******* adjusted it FOC to 356fps to keep it within most site limits.

The std barrel is a 6.04 on the Stoner :D

On to the pictures....

It was the "knights" part of the above trade that had marker pen over it.

Re: G&P SR15 URX (Medium) GP736 Review

good review, think im going to get one of these next

My Rating

Comment

i have the G&P SR16 URX and it is also very nice. you don't get the scope or foregrip with it, and the crane stock is different, but it's an excellent gun.

the weight and feel of it is terrific, and the ROF is reasonable. the RIS at the front is also really sturdy and solid - good for adding lots of christmas decorations.

i chrono mine at between 1.2 and 1.4 j. excellent gun.

shown here with a classic army m203 - which it holds with ease.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

Nice one casshern.

So impressed with mine that I'm considering changing my CQB MP5 for a G&P Fighting Cat or Zombie Killer

Comment

Can i just add, got 1 of these few days ago, mine was 300fps out the box chrono'd by supplier but i can hit targets at 60m confirmed on shooting range at local site and the ROF on this gun is insane!!!!
          Very happy with it except its a bloody nightmare having to take the stock apart to change/charge battery as its bolted together

Originally posted by Metalbody
          pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Yeah glue the little nut things in place makes the change over of the battery much easier.

Comment

looks lovely.....apart from that scope on top..!! replace it...eotech/aimpoint!!
              “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

weekenny Find out more about weekenny
              Working...
              X