Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Src g36kv

Ok

I sold my tanaka Browning on the forum here for 150 quid and that went to me buying the SRC G36KV.I am now in posession of my shiny new G36 from a scottish airsoft site. Here's my take on it and Ireckong if this is anything to go by then the then all their other guns will be awesome too. There are a couple of minor niggles which I will highlight but nothing actually serious just mildly annoying. So here goes.

Plastics :- Not really plastic, Nylon fibre and glass fibre construction and built like a brick poo room solid as a rock and no creaks. Very very inpressive.

Metal parts:- Metal is good quality no pot metal anywhere

Motor:- Motor is very high quality guns is very quiet when firing.

Gearbox 8mm and all metal. very impressive

Barrel:- Barrel is Lathed Aluminium and very good quality. Inner barrel is Brass and good quality also.

Hop:- Hop is steel and looks as if it would survive a bomb blast. Hop unit is very adjustable and looks to be top quality. I have only had the gun a day so this will need to bed in to get a proper assesment. But at the minute it performs flawlessly. The range and accuracy are great. I will add to the reiew once i have set it up and had a real skirmish with it.

Downside then. Here there are and there are a couple but not serious and don't really affect the quality of workmanship.

Battery Compartment:- On the website it states you can fit a large battery in the stock with ease. This is the reason I purchased this particular variant. I like the solid stock and the thought of a large battery appealed to me.

Anyway this is not quite true. I have a large battery and tbh it is a very tight fit. The wires come through the compartment and take up a some of the batteries space thereby making it a very stiff fit indeed.

So To fit a large capacity battery I would suggest Li Pos. Another reason becomes apparent as to why I suggest this.

The stock slides by means of a sprung loaded bolt at the bottom of the stock in conjunction with a lever you push upward, pulling the bolt out of a hole in the stock.

The problem is with a large battery in there, the bolt doesn't seat properly and the lever rattles a bit but it is still very secure but a little irritating.

On the plus side though the stock is very stiff and solid.

The next problem is the wiring. At the hinge area of the folding stock is where the gearbox wire uses a small Tamiya connector to connect to the rear stock wiring and Fusebox.I think the wire from the gearbox is a little short and pulls quite tight if you fold the stock.

I intend to lengthen this wire and replace the tamiya connectors with a deans type as these are smaller making the gun easier to fold the stock without damaging the wiring.

Also the fusebox is quite large and this means it takes up more space in the battery compartment. The result of this is that when you slide the stock fully forwards it won't go right forward, the fusebox its the rear of the stock and stops the last 5mm of movement for the pin to lock into place.

A slightly annoying cosmetic thing too that i have found, is, the square hole in the side of the stock for securing the stock when folded shows the inside of the battery compartment. So unless your battery is black you can see what colour the battery is. as i say purely aesthetic but it does spoil the realistic feel of the gun a litte. Cover you battery in black tape to avoid this.

These to me are the only problems and they are minor compared to the price and quality of the rest of the gun.

I personally think these are the best G36's on the market aprt from the slight wiring niggle.

And as i said earlier if this is the level of quality on this gun then the M4's are going to be world beaters imho.

I hope this helps you somewhat with regards to the new SRC guns on the market.
    Last edited by jfox61; 7 February, 2010, 13:10.
    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Re: Src g36kv

Update 1

I finally got to fire the gun and came up with what seems like a problem. For all you people out there with JG Mags. It doesnt seem to like them. I used one of mine and it would misfeed a lot.

I switched to a SRC branded one and it fired great. Have contacted the World that is Airsoft in Scotland for confirmation there is a compatibility issue and waiting for an answer.

It may actually be my mags as the Wife reported a couple of problems at our last skirmish when she used my JG G36. That said, SRC mags are cheap as cheaps and good quality.

Next is a fix for the battery issue.

Ok The company in the paragraph above is where I bought the gun from and they are now aware of the battery compartment problem and have come up with a couple of fixes.

Fix 1:- Remove the wiring loom from the rear of the stock and fix the battery directly to the wiring coming from the rear of the receiver. Not tried this fix as I would like to keep the fuse in for the time being till my other mods are proven to work.

Fix 2:- recommended to use a R85/SA80 type battery. Apparently much smaller so gives the necessary clearance for the stock to fold back. again not tried this as i only have 1 SA80 battery and that is with the wifes SA80 at the gun doctors whilst being repaired. I will try this fix when it returns.

Fix 3:- This is my own recommendation but not everyone will be willing to do this.

Change to Li Pos and remove the large fuseholder and replace it with an automobile spade type fuseholder.

I have placed a link in general discussions where these can be found cheaply. They creat huge amounts of space in the rear of a rifle stock because of their size and shape, they dont foul any objects in there.

The Li Pos being much smaller and thinner mean you get huge capacity for a fraction of the weight and space. This fix I have done and it works perfectly. Next up will be a full field test when I get to my next skirmish I a week or so
    Feedback link

Comment

Worth noting for you that the stock looks like a copy of the G&P G36 folding sniper stock. These required custom batteries to take full effect of the sliding and folding features. I beleive a Wolf in london used to sell the G&P custom batteries.

I can not confirm if this is accurate about the stock, it's just what it looks like
      "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

They are very similar but I believe are different. I find that Li Po's fit perfectly but the problem now is the horrible fuseholder. It is about 2 inches long. I am in the process of fitting a much smaller inline blade fuseholder these are the size of a large postage stamp and about 3-4mm dee so lots of space saving there which means the stock will close up fully. Alos i am told that the gearbox and motor will happily take an 11.1V li Po. Thats what i am using in mine and it doesn't seem to be working hard at all.
        Feedback link

Comment

Ok Guys final bit of my review. Used the gun extensively at Dragon Valley today. I used one SRC Hi Cap and three 90 rd King Arm Midcaps.

All midcaps fitted nice and tight and snug with no movement at all. The SRC mag was actually quite loose and wobbly in the magwell. Now I am not sure if that is the design of them or just badly made but it didnt instill me with confidence on using it in the field. Anyway, filled the mags with BAW .2's and off I went to kill me some despots.

The Hi cap had me worried. My first few bursts resulted in a couple of non firing misfeed folled bu a couple of shotts where 2 or 3 bb's came out at once. This was with the SRC Mag. After a couple of bursts it started to fire fine. This happened most times when I had a fresh mag installed with a full load of bb's. Each and every time after a couple of bursts it settled down and fired fine with no misfeeds.

The King Arms mids fired flawlessly can't say anything else about them, Well made and no problems. Power and Accuracy was good.

The gun chrono'd in at 296fps, so a shade under 300fps straight out of the box. Accuracy was very good.

Anyone who has been to Dragon valley will know a lot of test firing happens just outside the safe zone. I was no exception. From a range of about 70 yards I fired at a red metal plate fastened to the wall of a building . Although it was a little breezy at times I was consistantly hitting the plate from this distance. The plate was about 14" square so not too big and definitely smaller than a mans chest.

Durability wise, I can see no problems withthis gun lasting someone a very long time. I drop it a couple of times and there are no marks on the furniture. If this had been plastic furniture am sure it would have marked up considerably. So my conclusions on the field test are:-

The gun itself is strong, reliable, accurate and has a good and easy setup. The hop is a doddle to adjust, being a very large steel wheel and not fiddly at all.

The mags on the other hand, I am not too sure about. Since I only have the one I can't really say that they are good or bad. I may have a bum mag but they could all be like this.

but tbh I don't play with hicaps and the King arms Midcap ones at £40 for 5 are excellent value for money.

So at the moment I cant recommend the SRC mags which is strange since they are designed for this gun.

But I can wholeheartedly say the King Arms ones are totally recommended
          Feedback link

Comment

yeah mate, all the SRC G36 mags aren't brilliantly designed, and are a bit loose.
            Others till I die

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jfox61 Little fat ex soldier bloke who needs to get fit again so pretending to be a soldier again Find out more about jfox61
            Working...
            X