TM M14 vs CYMA M14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM M14 vs CYMA M14

Hi guys, I quite like the idea of owning one of these. I know that the CYMA version is an almost exact copy of the TM.
    I would just like to know as the title says, what are the differences (apart from price) between the two?
    Thanks

Re: TM M14 vs CYMA M14

Hey mate .

The Cyma is indeed an exact copy of the tm m14. It's literally a case of you get what you pay for, with the tm m14 being better quality inside and out.

Personally I would go for the tm m14. I mean the Cyma is perfectly skirmish able and certainly good for the money, but the tm m14 probably has the best range you can find on a stock rifle.

Comment

I have 2 cyma m14s and they are very similar to the TM , my friend has the TM , the only difference that was noticeable when we put them side by side was the range (better on tm but not by much) and we found that the stock on the cyma was a little bit better but it all depends on your budget , I brought the cyma with the intention of upgrading to dmr so I had more money to upgrade with the cyma over the TM and the upgrade parts are exactly the same hope this helps

Comment

Got the cyma ebr, stuck in a guarder clear rubber & decent nub. Fitted a prometheus tight bore. Now it shoots like a dream very consistent.
        I didnt wanna lay out over 350 as a starting point. So very happy with my decision.

Comment

go with the cyma tm dosent have good externals ..creaky low quality plastic the cyma will do a much better job with a few upgrade rather than shelling out for a tm

Comment

The old CYMA M14's had very low torque motors, but the new ones don't seem to have that problem. They're very good and comparing gearbox to gearbox, I'd say they're on par with TM. The hopup is where the TM shines, but you can just buy a TM M14 hopup, any M14 rubber (Prometheus comes to mind here) and then you've got the same rifle as the TM but still saved a load of money. The CYMA is the way to go, IMO.

Comment

As some of the others have surgested go for the CYMA if your going to upgrade. But if you dont want to upgrade (your allowed to) then go with the TM and have yoruself a workhorse that will never break if you dont fiddle with it too much. Those things last forever used mine for over 3 years of skirmishing almost everyweekend and its still as good as the day i got it. (had to get a new hop rubber after mine worn afer all that and new battery but those are considered consumables really.) As people say you get what you pay for.

Comment

I have a TM version, great range, reliable but creaky plastic, I'm happy with it.

Comment

ive joined this one late, but im looking to buy a CYMA M14 and as far as ive seen, the review are almost all positive so i think in know what i'll be doing cheers lads
                  Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

Owning 2 CYMA M14's I will say watch out for the rear most bushing in both mine (from brand new) the castings on the whole were not great. Which left the bushing enough room to move slightly. Even putting in the biggest bushings I had (Prometheus sinted) It was still really baggy. The TM one also comes with some nice trades if thats your thing too. I must of had 2 of the old ones as my motors were both very "sparky" and I replaced them with TM.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

IIII Phil IIII Find out more about IIII Phil IIII
                    Working...
                    X