GBB M4's- which is the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBB M4's- which is the best?

been looking around for a gbb m4 to turn into a dmr sorta rifle, i'm looking at getting an open bolt system, or getting an m4 that can be converted to the open bolt system, any ideas on what the best ones to be looking at?

Re: GBB M4's- which is the best?

Budget? This is an area where setting your limits is pretty important....
    Originally posted by Walter Gropius
    If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

£300-£350

Comment

Only real option you have with that budget is the g&g id say (if your buying new)
        If your planning on skirmishing a gbb rifle your gonna need at least 3-4 mags, which for most rifles are £30-£40 each on top of the £300 for say a WE Scar or M4
        You may get a second hand WE m4 or scar with a few mags for your budget.

Comment

Have a look around on here, you can pick up a S/H WE M4 OB with 3-4 mags (gen2 is the ones to go for) for under £300. I've just sold mine with a 12" rail system for less. Good GBBR's for the money.
          Mark

Comment

Second hand WE M4 is what you're going to be looking at for that money, everything else will be above your budget.

Comment

ONLY get the WE if it's been upgraded. Failing that you could buy a G&G CM16 GBBR for a fraction of the price that performs well. Sure it doesn't have a full travel bolt or bolt catch but it's performance is fantastic and the bolt catch hardly ever works on WEs anyway.
              - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Me and my mates all run WE GBBR's and never had an issue. The normal stuff was there like the delay pin that snaps but almost all are CNC'd so thats fine. The bolt stop works fine also.

The WE open bolt M4 is a great gun, as long as the barrel is kept clean and the nozzle is kept lubed (not smothered, just moist) and the bolt is lubed in the areas needed, they are fantastic.

For that cash you can pick up a great setup on here. Look out for upgraded steel parts, the steel hammer EATS the rest of the trigger parts 3 times faster, so you will be replacing everything else also. So either everything steel, or everything stock. Also some steel parts make them run poorly, so i have always stayed away. In fact, i removed steel parts for stock parts form my mates 2nd M4.

Only thing i would change is the hop rubber and barrel. Then also an NPAS for obveious FPS reasons.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

I don't want to be 'that guy' but for £300-350 I think you'd be better off saving up. Put £400+ into it and you could get a second-hand all-steel WOC that would make a MUCH more robust base for a DMR.

Comment

All of my WEs have nommed their trigger parts, the hammer on my AK snapped clean in two and now I'm waiting for a Heptasius kit from HK. My G39 and SCAR is the same, maybe it's cause I run it on Propane? I don't know. The bolt stop on my G39 was fussy and kept working its way loose until I thread-locked it and the SCAR's worked when it wanted to. The AK doesn't have a bolt stop to worry about.
                    - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Wow you must be the most unlucky person i know lol!

Never had an issue with mine, only thing that has gone is the delay pin as i said, and my mates hammer wore away. We all use propane too! Strange :S

Yeah the screws like working loose, i threadlocked all mine. I like to think its a feature haha!

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

I'm about to drop a load of dosh on a ratech M4, which is essentially a we, with nearly all the internals swapped out for ratech parts, and it's only £100 more!

Comment

by 'all the internals', wich ones specificaly? as the aluminim bolt carrier, and bolt with npas is £180 on its own, nvm all the tigger components/buffer parts
                          For Sale!
                          TM M870 with a load of stuff
                          A&K massada sniper spec
                          Chronograph
                          leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Well, the model I'm getting has the barrel, NPAS, trigger mech, sears, knocker, all pre installed by them, and then I'm putting an aluminium nozzle put in there as well.

2 team mates use the same set up, and ran with them all weekend for a weekend long game, in 0° to -3° all weekend, with nowhere to warm up mags etc, without a single hitch

Comment

sounds good. if i keep hold of my m16 im hoping to go the RA-tech route. i run co2 on all my gas guns so i dont generaly suffer fomr the colder climate, just wish i could put more than 1 bulb in the m4 mags, theres plent of room and would speed up reloading while im sat behind a bush lol

to the OP, a WE would serve you well, as mentioned, there are lots of upgrades available if you feel you need them, i havnt installed any on mine and its been great so far.

i personaly wouldnt go down the G&G route as its not a proper GBB, yes its gas powered and has realisitic mags, but you could simulate this with an aeg and real caps. the appeal of a GBBR isa that for al lintents and purposes is has everything a real gun would have. the G&G dose not.
                              For Sale!
                              TM M870 with a load of stuff
                              A&K massada sniper spec
                              Chronograph
                              leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ollie frampton Find out more about ollie frampton
                              Working...
                              X