Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review wanted - HK416 Dboys/boyi

Anyone had the above?
    Whats the overall quality etc? how much am i looking to pay?

Re: Review wanted - HK416 Dboys/boyi

I've bought one as a project gun for a DEVGRU HK416 build.

Externally, the quality is pretty good - not the best I've handled, but pretty good. The only problems are the stock tube being a bit...oddly sized - any other stock other than the original LE style stock are going to have a bit of wobble. I've since removed mine and finally managed to fit an Element Battery Buffer Tube.

The RIS feels properly solid, no creaks whatsoever. The outer barrel had a bit of movement in it to begin with, however since removing and re-fitting it briefly, it felt more solid, so I imagine this was simply a case of it not being properly fitted from the factory. The outer barrel also comes with an extension piece to turn it from a 10.5" barrel to a 14.5" barrel (think CQBR to M4A1 length). I've again removed the stock birdcage flash hider and fitted an Magpul AAC M4-2000 Silencer and assocated 51T flashhider.

Magpul PTS Emags fit well, as does the supplied 300rnd hicap, which is nice quality. Also comes with a plastic AN/PEQ-2 box and associated warning labels, RIS-mounted HK Diopter sights and the gasblock-mounted flip-up sight as well. I removed them straight away.

Internals wise, I havent even hooked a battery up; I literally tore the old gearbox out and replaced it with a Lonex one. The stock gearbox was front-wired, the wiring looked sturdy enough but not to my taste. A few hours of tinkering and soldering later, I had fitted a rear wiring loom to the Lonex box and put that in.

All in all, for the price, its a good deal, however be prepared to do work on it to get it to an acceptable skirmish standard.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Frontlineairsoft Find out more about Frontlineairsoft
    Working...
    X