Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A&k mk43 m60

A&K Mk43 M60

I purchased one of these brutes from a hk trader and having now used it in a few skirmishes I think its high time i did a review on it,

ok, first off, costs.
    I purchased my "Sixty" from RSOV for just £229 including shipping. add to that the £40 customs rape i suffered, its still amazingly cheap. with delivery taking 7 days from the placing of the order to me fondling it lovingly.

first impressions on opening the box,
    Well the box it comes in has few if any frills, being just polystryrene with the contents being the real treat, these contents include usual chinese charger, a rather good manual, the box magazine, and a battery (9.6v mini) and of course the gun itself.

after taking the gun out of the box and cleaning off the bits of packing i gave the gun a close examination, looking for the usual loose screws and pins etc, to my suprise there were none, the gun as it comes is as solid as a rock, no rattles, no loose bits and certainly no sloppy workmanship to be seen anywhere. I would rate its build quality as being comparable to ics or classic army.
    on actually lifting it and trying to shoulder the gun I couldnt help but notice the weight, even unloaded this things a heavy lump of metal and you WILL need a really good sling, ( i dont advise using a three pointer either unless its a really strong one. Luckily for me i have a real M60 sling and its perfect for this brute.

next step was fitting the magazine.
    right from the off its obvious that the magazine is very much improved from A&K's last offering. Like the 249 it has a three position switch with "continous/sound and off settings, unlike the 249, however this is extremely hard to reach when the magazines in operation, being located low down on the receiver side of the gun, deep inside the covering fabric box. while very awkward to get too, the good news is that the mag actually feeds flawlessly on sound and so its only a minor drawback.
    The magazine itself is made of black abs and it is held inside a tought thick walled nylon bag that attaches to the gun via some velcro straps.

Actually fitting the mag is a bit fiddly, there is not positive "snap on" sort of attachment, instead the mag has a top strap that hooks over a metal plate on the guns left, while below this there is a second strap that is drawn tight around the same plate. this is actually rather solid--and i suspect far less easy to break than the 249s abs box.
    connecting the mag feed is a fiddly but not dreadful, with a small sprung tube with a screw clamp--once attached, the batt is slipped into the cloth box of the mag (fits snuggly between it and the abs mag) and then plugged in.

Unlike the M249, the magazine is powered by the guns mian battery (making life simpler) and this is connected by a second lead.

when finally hooked up the mag is loaded with bb through a large spring loaded door--making it extremely fast to top up--and with it already holding a whopping 3500-4000 bb, this means this gun is very very good for sustained fire shooting.

now to the range to test.
    after seting the hop up (the same rotating type as is fitted to the M249) i found that the gun has a very good range, easily pasting a target out to 200 feet. its not nearly as accurate as the m249, but a short burst will easily hit a man out to 200 feet. the sights are excellent and are fully adjustable.

when laying prone the guns very steady, but the bipods lack of movement makes it hard to traverse fast. but that is offset by the support it gives,
    from the standing position, with it shouldered--you can do it if your a big strong lump like me, but even i found my arms wobbling after a bit,,
    finally from the hip in the approved rambo style,,, Very good indeed--the guns easy to walk in to target and i found that even when running with it i could still hit the mans size target upto 100 feet.
    One good point for left handers like myself, the magazine location on the guns left actually makes this gun very lefthander friendly--it doesnt interfere with your grip and nor does it lie against you when carried across your front.. a definate plus.

MOSFET.
    the mosfet is something new to me and i was very keen to try it out. when the gun is set to high rate of fire it fires at about 800-rpm while at low it chugs along at 400rpm these are quite low rates by comparison to some guns, but very adequate. i also found that though the gun is supplied with 9.6 batts, if you fit an 8.4v the rate of fire is unchanged--very handy when you have a mix of batts like i do--also the mag will accept large batts as well as small.

Skirmish test,,
    I gave this gun its christening at Combat aciton games. in september after chronoing (stock its borderline on the fps--but does have a quick change spring) I took it out on the field.

I found that this gun is a fantastic assault weapon. i was able to use its range and ability to deliver sustained firepower very useful in suppressing the bad guys--hammer a bunker with it--no fire comes back, rake bushes--the defenders go low, it did particualry well when used from a concealed position

in ambush.. after the initial burst killed or scattered the attackers the large mag capacity allowed me to keep them scattered and supressed for an extended period---this only ending when someone legged it up to my left and i couldnt traverse fast enough to hit them--strike one for the bipod again.

in defense-again the sustained fire can dominate a battle but it rapidly becomes target of choice for everyone to shoot at and the bipds lack of traverse is again a big factor

overall I have to give this gun a massive thumbs up. its got a lot going for it, with its superb build quality, reliability--I had not one single missfeed tp date) its ease of use, and its sheer firepower and last but not least it aslo has the WOW factor,

on the downsides,,
    its a very heavy gun to use all day, make sure you get a good sling. and the bipods not great.

ideas for improvements..
    id say first off--it needs a mount for an optical sight,, my own personal preference being for an eotech, also it really would perform better defensively with a small light weight tripod---or a more mobile bipod..
    other than that cant think of anything.

buy this, it IS the gun of Rambo.
    Last edited by iratecabbie; 12 February, 2010, 01:08.

Re: A&k mk43 m60

i have one of these, it has amazing performance for the money. i whole heartedly recommend these to anyone that wants a support weapon. just get a decent sling

Comment

Or grow some Muscle. I have a 10.5kg Inokatsu M60E4 and all my sling does is get in the way.

Ben
      "As the Great Warrior poet Ice Cube once said, when the day does not require an AK it is good"

Comment

Rambo fires these with one finger on the trigger and the other hand feeding the belt.

I want to see someone firing these one handed shouting, "Ouurahghghghghghgh!!!".
        sigpic

Comment

lol,, erm,, actually,, ive done that!

Comment

i also have one of these i managed to get a rail cover for it, but had to mod it to make it fit. i only found out once it arrived that the ares model had a different catch mech on it.

i still give it 4/5 stars and is well worth the money its just got a crap bipod, and weighs a massive 7.5kg.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

iratecabbie I am nothing to do with maree davidson,aka ozziearmy-or any of-aliases Find out more about iratecabbie
            Working...
            X