GHK G5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GHK G5

Anybody managed to get their hands on one of these? I may be tempted to finally go GBB if the performance is really as good as they say. Apparently the materials GHK use for the mags allow it to fire 3 mags on one fill of gas after being put in the fridge!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :D
    TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
    TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

It was the freezer mate.
    And yes it was 3 full mags on semi.

The video is on the other G5 thread.

Comment

Re: GHK G5

Originally posted by tisane View Post
      It was the freezer mate.
      And yes it was 3 full mags on semi.

The video is on the other G5 thread.
      I've got one now, I can tell you now that it won't do 3 full mags at 20 degrees let alone after being in the freezer, 2 and half is all you'll get on semi.

I took it to a game on thursday afternoon, at a site with a 360fps limit, and using propane I was literally on the limit on a 5 shot average(360,362,352,365,361).

I've read on other forums of an NPAS for the GHK PDW, and the bolt is pretty much identical to the G5, however have yet to find anyone selling this fabled npas, nor any instructions on fitting it. It's size makes it perfect for cqb, but it is also capable of range suitable for woodland. However until the fps can be reduced, it isn't particularly skirmishable (before you go and say use china gas, predator ultra is still above 350, and 144a struggles to cycle the bolt reliably).

For the recoil junkies out there, this is actually really good, the only thing it can't really compete with is an Inokatsu M4, but then comparing the price that is a pretty moot point.

Mags - As this is based of the WA system, pretty much all mags based on this work, however the ProWin v2's are a tad loose in the magwell. G&P P-Mags fit well, as dimensionally they're not far off the GHK G5 mags.
      Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

That is odd , every single one I have chronoed has been 328 or thereabout and very stable . and properly filling the mags on green gas gave at least 3 loads

Comment

I've got one which has been running on propane and getting 340-350 consistently over the last few weeks ranging from blisteringly hot down to fairly warm days using both a Skan and X3200 chronoscope. Another one turned up at the site I go to and he was also running low 350's and i'm fairly sure he was using abbey predator. I do know a few people have had them running at 360-370 but they do seem to be the odd one and having spoken to a couple of the UK retailers they have been getting around 330 on green. Possible ways to drop the fps would be to chop the barrel, replace it with a shorter one as its a standard AEG barrel or wait for the mooted NPAS.

The other thing to make a note of on the mags is that you may need to pop off the cap on the bottom and tighten up the 2 gas cylinders with an allen wrench. There's been some reports of slightly leaky mags and this is the 'official' fix. I thought my original mag was fine but after a few weeks it shows a full on hiss but some have reported a very slow leak that makes no noise. This might be the reason for not getting the full 3 loads from a mag. The bottom cap does take some brute force to move though!

B->
          Last edited by BLZeebub; 13 August, 2013, 10:53. Reason: Mag Info

Comment

Originally posted by BLZeebub View Post
            replace it with a shorter one as its a standard AEG barrel or wait for the mooted NPAS.
            It's not an aeg barrel. And after emailing RATECH direct about it, there will be no NPAS for the G5.

Comment

Well according to at least one other guy that's fitted a replacement bog standard AEG barrel id have to disagree there. Also, having spoken to a mate who had the PDW (which is basically what the G5 is), he also confirmed that standard AEG barrels worked fine on that.

B->

Comment

http://en.ratech.com.tw/english/inde...=41&Itemid=155

Thats the RATECH upgrade kit, the barrel is a direct copy externally of the one fitted to the GHK G5, it is not an aeg barrel, as the notch for the hop nub is in completely the wrong position.

Comment

Well ive had an email from samoon, who is the source for spares direct from taiwan, and he confirmed that the G5 will take AEG barrels.

B-)

Comment

Anyone know where there is a guide to stripping down the mags for these things.

I've looked on google and YouTube but came up empty,

Cheers

G
                    First and Only R.A.F Upper Heyford Site Operations Manager

Comment

Originally posted by silentwarrior View Post
                      Anyone know where there is a guide to stripping down the mags for these things.

I've looked on google and YouTube but came up empty,

Cheers

G
                      Strips down the same as their m4 conversion kit mags.

Comment

Slight update. Played with it again today, same temperature at chrono, same gas, same 0.2g bb's. Chrono'd with a Skanar this time, 5 shots (331,337,336,330,333) making average of ~335fps. Xcortech chrono's (the original) are quite obviously, utter junk. So friendly enough for CQB :3

Comment

bloody loud with that soundhog on though. you scared a poor newbie..precious creatures.
                          -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
                          -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

Originally posted by BLZeebub View Post
                            Well ive had an email from samoon, who is the source for spares direct from taiwan, and he confirmed that the G5 will take AEG barrels.

B-)
                            After a chat via email with both RATECH and GHK themselves over this matter, and breaking down the rifle after the games today for cleaning, I can confirm the Samoon guys are talking utterly out of their arses.

Comment

pictures?
                              -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
                              -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

-Archer- Proud member of 'Black Arrow' If you'd like to contact me with more ease than PM's, Email me at [email protected] :) Find out more about -Archer-
                              Working...
                              X